Prison architect - MULTIPLAYER!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

ikiwic
level0
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Prison architect - MULTIPLAYER!

Postby ikiwic » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Okay, so before I get abused for being a noob, this IS NOT a thread asking how to get multiplayer on P.E!

Hi guys!
I've been playing prison architect pretty much since it was released! I've been thinking about how cool a multiplayer feature would be! Maybe not practical in any way, but I was thinking of a 'Party Mode' where you and a bunch of friends can create a prison (would work better if there was a voice chat option or if you were using Skype)

What are your guys views or ideas for any multiplayer features in prison architect?


Thanks!
Kiwi :3
Profit
level1
level1
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 5:47 am

Postby Profit » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:27 pm

If I had a dollar for every thread like this...
thekillergreece
level4
level4
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Ammm...Greece maybe?

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:55 pm

...?

NOT FKING GOING TO HAPPEN!

it would ruin the game anyways..
User avatar
Alzeric
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 pm

Postby Alzeric » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 pm

I would have to blow up each and everyone of your computers. I just have visions....dark dark visions of PA becoming like a public Minecraft server (cause we all know how well multiplayer building games work out).... shutters.



It was only a dream....
It was only a dream....
please tell me it was only a dream...
It was only a dream....
It was only a dream....
...
User avatar
MAdMaN
level4
level4
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Prison architect - MULTIPLAYER!

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:30 pm

ikiwic wrote:Okay, so before I get abused for being a noob, this IS NOT a thread asking how to get multiplayer on P.E!

Hi guys!
I've been playing prison architect pretty much since it was released! I've been thinking about how cool a multiplayer feature would be! Maybe not practical in any way, but I was thinking of a 'Party Mode' where you and a bunch of friends can create a prison (would work better if there was a voice chat option or if you were using Skype)

What are your guys views or ideas for any multiplayer features in prison architect?


Thanks!
Kiwi :3

Maybe you should have done a search before asking this question, noob! ;-)
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16861
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Profit wrote:If I had a dollar for every thread like this...

You would have about twelve bucks right now. :P

xander
topleya
level1
level1
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Postby topleya » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Why do people want every game to be a multiplayer?

What happened to the days when we were all content on building things alone?

Some genres of games should not go online and the tycoon/management style genre is at the very top of my list of offline only genre's
User avatar
HockeyMike24
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:43 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby HockeyMike24 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

The only reason I would want to go online, is to share and show my creation. But, they got the Steam workshop for that.
thekillergreece
level4
level4
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Ammm...Greece maybe?

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:04 am

topleya wrote:Why do people want every game to be a multiplayer?

What happened to the days when we were all content on building things alone?

Some genres of games should not go online and the tycoon/management style genre is at the very top of my list of offline only genre's


i totally agree you...When the game has only SP, it almost never get more than 5million money...When it has sp and mp, it gets more than 5million money...


What the hell man?Especially BF,COD and GTA series, they get a lot money because they have both, sp,mp and co-op...

MP is ruining the gaming history...Luckily this game with no mp and co-op took 3million money which is a lot money for an independed company with 7 developers..
User avatar
MAdMaN
level4
level4
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:12 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 am

thekillergreece wrote:i totally agree you...When the game has only SP, it almost never get more than 5million money...When it has sp and mp, it gets more than 5million money...


What the hell man?Especially BF,COD and GTA series, they get a lot money because they have both, sp,mp and co-op...

Those games are established brands with massive companies and huge advertising behind them. They'd still sell massive amounts without multiplayer.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16861
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Krr...BUMP!

For yet another reason to campaign against multiplayer, I would like to direct your attention to the Defcon Forum. This topic, in particular. Multiplayer games have a habit of breeding the kind of petty vindictiveness we see on display over there. Do we really want more of that?

xande
thekillergreece
level4
level4
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm
Location: Ammm...Greece maybe?

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:33 am

xander wrote:Krr...BUMP!

For yet another reason to campaign against multiplayer, I would like to direct your attention to the Defcon Forum. This topic, in particular. Multiplayer games have a habit of breeding the kind of petty vindictiveness we see on display over there. Do we really want more of that?

xande


I prefer CO-OP over than Multiplayer..Which is more fun and less laggy that MP..

But!If they will add MP, what features we will see in MP?Sure, lags..
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 pm

I've been thinking about how cool a multiplayer feature would be!


Oh c'mon. You're not even trying. This thread exists countless times already. I know you didn't search for 'multiplayer' before posting, because doing so would have told you that proponents of multiplayer PA get doused with abuse.
Xoligy
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am

Postby Xoligy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh yes please sir can we have some multiplayer we can have Prison Wars!!! lol /end sarcasm

Vote: No for multiplayer
User avatar
Jackdapantyrip
level2
level2
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 am

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 pm

I vote yes on Multiplayer. A sports sim with an in game currency/prisoners and betting

You can still have a single player experience..

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest