Ideas for Prison Architect!!!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

NLAndrew
level1
level1

Ideas for Prison Architect!!!

Postby NLAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 am

Add a forth prisoner color - BLACK (SuperMaximum)

Add Gangs - Should be by race. - May lead to a gang war!

Add prison Towers - make it so guard can have rifles and shot rioting prisoners

Add a "raid" feature - your guards storm into an area searching ALL prisoners.

Add personality to prisoners. (ex: A prisoner convicted of rape is more likly to be killed in a prison fight)

Add a "Prison Riot Room" for supplies like riot armor/shields that once a riot occurs ALL guards within a area of the building will run to the build and suit-up for the riot.

Add Guard personalities (ex: some guards are more likely to harm a prisoner)

Add the priest from the intro (Most Prisons always have a church)

Add search Lights!

Hope you like my ideas!
Last edited by NLAndrew on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamouthe
level1
level1

Re: Ideas for Prison Architect!!!

Postby mamouthe » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:15 am

+1
ssaowner
level1
level1

Postby ssaowner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 am

NLAndrew wrote:Add a forth prisoner color - BLACK (SuperMaximum)

Add personality to prisoners. (ex: A prisoner convicted of rape is more likly to be killed in a prison fight)

Add a "Prison Riot Room" for supplies like riot armor/shields that once a riot occurs ALL guards within a area of the building will run to the build and suit-up for the riot.

Add search Lights!

Hope you like my ideas!

Well
Prison Riot Room is a nope
Get riot guards

Guard Personalities is a nope too.
Its likely to get fired if you do something like that

Raids...
Why would guards want to raid people in the showers....
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 am

Add search Lights!

Hope you like my ideas!

1.Already posted that similar idea.. 1-
2.Gangs should be nice to be added. 1+
3.Guards shooting prisoners?A disaster protection.. 1-
4.This is not "search naked people" there is already a metal detector to detect contrabands. 1-
5.Somewhat...Dont like it 1-
6.There will be riot guards. 1-
7.Are you kidding us, right? If a guard do harm prisoner, he immediately gets fired from the administrators. 1-
8.Most prisons dont have church because of luck of funds and useless, nothing important there.. 1-
9.Search lights? What? 1-

Results:
Lot unimportant/useless ideas that would bit ruin the game's atmosphere...I like the gangs. But for guards wielding weapons to shoot prisoners, no thanks. I prefer guard towers
NLAndrew
level1
level1

Postby NLAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:53 pm

the "raid" idea was to search all the prisoner cells not in the shower...
NLAndrew
level1
level1

Postby NLAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 pm

thekillergreece wrote:

Add search Lights!

Hope you like my ideas!

4.This is not "search naked people" there is already a metal detector to detect contrabands. 1-
7.Are you kidding us, right? If a guard do harm prisoner, he immediately gets fired from the administrators. 1-
8.Most prisons dont have church because of luck of funds and useless, nothing important there.. 1-

Results:
Lot unimportant/useless ideas that would bit ruin the game's atmosphere...I like the gangs. But for guards wielding weapons to shoot prisoners, no thanks. I prefer guard towers

i see your opinion, but like the dev said he wants to give you the ability to run a prison with no care for the prisooners, so harmful gards would be in that kind of prison.

as for search lights, you must be a fucking idiot, the prisoners will try to excape, why not have search lights

and my "raid" idea was for searching the prisoners cells, i dont know why the fuck your thinking of searching naked people....
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

NLAndrew wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:

Add search Lights!

Hope you like my ideas!

Results:

i see your opinion, but like the dev said he wants to give you the ability to run a prison with no care for the prisooners, so harmful gards would be in that kind of prison.

as for search lights, you must be a fucking idiot, the prisoners will try to excape, why not have search lights

and my "raid" idea was for searching the prisoners cells, i dont know why the fuck your thinking of searching naked people....

Now tell me who is the idiot here: Place some fences and 1 jail door at the deliveries and garbage.Also add 2 guards there. And tell me who will escape?
And who guy orders prisoners to work at deliveries?Now tell me who is the idiot. Maybe you?Yep....Is anyone using prisoners to work at deliveries?Wow. My 2 prisoners were originally to escape because they reached the deliveries zone but they stopped by the 2 guards.You should try same.Or at least add some fences near the road(Opposite the delivery trucks)

If you never met a 300 prisoners riot, then dont post innaceptable ideas..
horia0310
level1
level1

Postby horia0310 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm

300 prisoners? Madness THIS IS SPARTAAA
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm

horia0310 wrote:300 prisoners? Madness THIS IS SPARTAAA

Lol, you won the quizz :P
But we can get to 300 prisoners..Or up to!
MonkeySquasher
level0

Postby MonkeySquasher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:07 pm

I wouldn't support any of these, save one.

When coming up with an idea to add to a game in development, you have to think like the developers... Ask yourself "What will this bring add to the game? What will this change in the game? Is it worth adding?" They spend hours and hours adding even simple things into the game, so they have to address big things first.

I'm sorry to say, I wouldn't see the point in adding most of these features, especially right now. Why try and write a script for Guard personalities (which can be impossibly time-consuming), when we still have screwed up laundry and pathfinding? Priorities, man!

For example - We already have MaxSec prisoners. Adding SupMax wouldn't add anything more, only take time to make a (imo) useless duplicate category. Same with gangs, types of personalities (outside of a Warden), or even a prison armory. You can call out Riot Guard, that's enough for now.

Now I will say this... I could see a use for a priest in later editions, using "Faith" or "Religion" as another need on prisoners. I could also see a benefit of Guard Towers, which you can station a Guard, and it could have a flood light that turns on at night. It'd give you increased line of sight both day/night... However, right now we have the CCTV cameras.

I will give you a +1 for a large-area search feature.. I'm suggesting something similar called "Shake Down" though, and you can use it in conjunction with or without "BangUp". (ie, send prisoners to cells and search them, OR search the cells while the prisoners are out at yard/work/canteen). It can be used to find contraband in cells, as well as tunnels they are digging.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people aren't struck by lightning bolts."
NLAndrew
level1
level1

Postby NLAndrew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 pm

MonkeySquasher wrote:I wouldn't support any of these, save one.

When coming up with an idea to add to a game in development, you have to think like the developers... Ask yourself "What will this bring add to the game? What will this change in the game? Is it worth adding?" They spend hours and hours adding even simple things into the game, so they have to address big things first.

I'm sorry to say, I wouldn't see the point in adding most of these features, especially right now. Why try and write a script for Guard personalities (which can be impossibly time-consuming), when we still have screwed up laundry and pathfinding? Priorities, man!

For example - We already have MaxSec prisoners. Adding SupMax wouldn't add anything more, only take time to make a (imo) useless duplicate category. Same with gangs, types of personalities (outside of a Warden), or even a prison armory. You can call out Riot Guard, that's enough for now.

Now I will say this... I could see a use for a priest in later editions, using "Faith" or "Religion" as another need on prisoners. I could also see a benefit of Guard Towers, which you can station a Guard, and it could have a flood light that turns on at night. It'd give you increased line of sight both day/night... However, right now we have the CCTV cameras.

I will give you a +1 for a large-area search feature.. I'm suggesting something similar called "Shake Down" though, and you can use it in conjunction with or without "BangUp". (ie, send prisoners to cells and search them, OR search the cells while the prisoners are out at yard/work/canteen). It can be used to find contraband in cells, as well as tunnels they are digging.

yeah, that was my idea with "raid" searching the cells for tunnels/weapons
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm

MonkeySquasher wrote:Why try and write a script for Guard personalities (which can be impossibly time-consuming), when we still have screwed up laundry and pathfinding? Priorities, man!

Alpha is for adding (and removing) new stuff. Fixes do come during alpha, especially if they fundamentally break the game, but usually they're reserved for beta.
Soulreaper
level0

Postby Soulreaper » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:49 am

Well adding search lights and guard towers is a great idea.. Why?. well REAL prisons have them aswell as far as i know.. and i would love to be able to build them.. also the "gear" room is a nice idea, adding some RPG elements into the game would be awesome..
NLAndrew
level1
level1

Postby NLAndrew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 am

Soulreaper wrote:Well adding search lights and guard towers is a great idea.. Why?. well REAL prisons have them as well as far as i know.. and i would love to be able to build them.. also the "gear" room is a nice idea, adding some RPG elements into the game would be awesome..

yeah, the equipment room i was thinking about was for Riot gear (All prisons have gear to help against a riot) and also it would hold weapons with rubber bullets to quell a riot from taking over the prison, some prisons do have live rounds but this is mainly in maximum security prisons and not your low security prisons. also it should hold smoke/tear/flash grenades that would be used before evneing a prisoner owned area.
Soulreaper
level0

Postby Soulreaper » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:36 pm

NLAndrew wrote:
Soulreaper wrote:Well adding search lights and guard towers is a great idea.. Why?. well REAL prisons have them as well as far as i know.. and i would love to be able to build them.. also the "gear" room is a nice idea, adding some RPG elements into the game would be awesome..

yeah, the equipment room i was thinking about was for Riot gear (All prisons have gear to help against a riot) and also it would hold weapons with rubber bullets to quell a riot from taking over the prison, some prisons do have live rounds but this is mainly in maximum security prisons and not your low security prisons. also it should hold smoke/tear/flash grenades that would be used before evneing a prisoner owned area.

Ah yeah, well in that case i dont see why it cant be made into a reality in the game.. i mean surely the 2k riot police thingy u can buy is cool, but its something u can decide to call, i suppose (havnt tried it yet) well remake it into S.W.A.T team instead and make the riot gear room available, so guards can better equip themselfs. :D

Return to “General”