How do you execute prisoners in sandbox mode?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Smifffy
level0

Re: How do you execute prisoners in sandbox mode?

Postby Smifffy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Something that could work is sending the lucky prisoner to a room with other prisoners, except these prisoners are massively pissed off. So for example you have 4 prisoners who are locked in a room with their stats getting really really low, you then send in the prisoner of your choosing and then they'll end up killing each other.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 am

Smifffy wrote:Something that could work is sending the lucky prisoner to a room with other prisoners, except these prisoners are massively pissed off. So for example you have 4 prisoners who are locked in a room with their stats getting really really low, you then send in the prisoner of your choosing and then they'll end up killing each other.

people like you are seriously so anoying. its a prison simulator ffs. why the heck do you want to execute them? that like playing a train simulator and whining a train cant ride on roads.
Caesar15
level0

Postby Caesar15 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 pm

tertaim wrote:
Smifffy wrote:Something that could work is sending the lucky prisoner to a room with other prisoners, except these prisoners are massively pissed off. So for example you have 4 prisoners who are locked in a room with their stats getting really really low, you then send in the prisoner of your choosing and then they'll end up killing each other.

people like you are seriously so anoying. its a prison simulator ffs. why the heck do you want to execute them? that like playing a train simulator and whining a train cant ride on roads.

Because the prisoner is a pain in the ass and isn't leaving anytime soon. Plus we already have an electric chair, why not be able to use it?
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:37 pm

im not saying you cant use it, its just not the wardens task to decide who should die and who not. if you cant respect that you should play something else.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Caesar15 wrote:Plus we already have an electric chair, why not be able to use it?

Because it isn't the job of wardens to pass sentence. Because execution is not a punishment for annoying behaviour in prison. Because the developers say so. Pick your reason.

xander
Caesar15
level0

Postby Caesar15 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:19 pm

xander wrote:
Caesar15 wrote:Plus we already have an electric chair, why not be able to use it?

Because it isn't the job of wardens to pass sentence. Because execution is not a punishment for annoying behaviour in prison. Because the developers say so. Pick your reason.

xander

Could you link me to that? Not that I don't believe you I just want to see what they specifically said.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 pm

they mentioned it in one of their videos, dont know wich one. you have to look it up yourself.
Loque
level0

Postby Loque » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:50 am

When I have too many prisoners, the only solution is to block the incoming new prisoners?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 am

Loque wrote:When I have too many prisoners, the only solution is to block the incoming new prisoners?

Yes?

xander
Bill Watts (Warden)
level1
level1

Postby Bill Watts (Warden) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:06 am

xander wrote:

xander

Ohh boo hoo go play SIMS if you're so sensitive, i'm executing inmates daily when the chair finally works, just for you. They are not there for parking tickets, they're there for murder.. even if they look at one of my guards wrong, their going straight to chamber! and i'm going to enjoy every minute. hehe :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Bill Watts (Warden) wrote:Ohh boo hoo go play SIMS if you're so sensitive, i'm executing inmates daily when the chair finally works, just for you. They are not there for parking tickets, they're there for murder.. even if they look at one of my guards wrong, their going straight to chamber! and i'm going to enjoy every minute. hehe :)

So the reason that you picked is "Because the developers say so." Was there any point to your post beyond that?

xander
cooknaris
level0

Re:

Postby cooknaris » Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 pm

phees wrote:The game's dark mood regards a harsh (and morally ambiguous) penalty for a serious act, not deliberately killing people one does not simply like for stupid reasons.

If anyone has to polish up on differentiating prisons and concentration camps, please read here:

What is a prison? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison

What is a concentration camp? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_camp#Concentration_camp
Further infromation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extermination_camp

Quite often people think of movies like "the great escape" when talking of concentration camps. What you see there is a prison for prisoners of war. A concentration camp has nothing to do with that.

The game is called "Prison Architect" and I really do not want people around, who are drawn here by ideas of concentration camp. That topic is really not funny etc.

Dude... Please go ahead and request that I get banned, I really couldn't care less, I only registered a second ago just so I could reply to your comment... E V E R Y O N E is 100% entitled to their own opinion, whether or not it insults you. Yes, concentration camps are bad, so are lots of things in life... Do you suggest every game that involves a dark theme should be banned? Oh sorry, you think that everyone even SUGGESTING a dark theme should be banned from a forum... Right. The funny thing is you seem to actually think you have a reasonable argument for why someone should banned for voicing their opinion, when you litrally have no good points whatsoever. All you have said is that concentration camps are not funny, which everyone already knows. Wars are not funny, should all war games be banned? Fighting in general of any sort is not funny, should all fighting games be banned? Should all COD and Battlefield players be banned from playing online for laughing and having fun while playing? Just think about what you are saying before you take the moral high ground and act like you are a better person than those suggesting concentrating camps in a game.

I actually agree with you in that I think the game is good as it is, and you should not be able to choose who gets executed, but thats because I think the game is a good prison simulator and only the courts can decide who gets executed... Not because 'concentration camps are not funny', because that is a ridiculous reason. I certainly don't think anyone should be banned for voicing their opinion, maybe they should be banned for trying to stop others voicing their opinion...
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Sat May 10, 2014 2:32 am

Did that guy's question from the first page actually get answered? Anyway, this all seems to have descended into a conflict about whether a concentration camp is a prison or not, and whether they should be included in the game. I honestly think that the devs should leave it be, and so should others. As we all should know, many horrific acts of violence, genocide and countless other things were committed within concentration camps. They have only really been used en-masse, once in history (thank whoever.)

Going on to the topic of executing prisoners, while it is not the wardens job to decide on the punishment or sentence for prisoners, I would still like to be able to execute them when I please :twisted:. If the game were to go to that length of realism, then the policy screen should be changed to reflect the fact that it is illegal in most countries to keep somebody in a room the size of a solitary cell, for any more than a day.
dawidosdp
level0

Re:

Postby dawidosdp » Fri May 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Hessen wrote:Select a prisoners then press Alt+F4 to kill him.

Very funny only dumb people don't don't know that Alt+F4 is a shortcut to closing a program
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Re: Re:

Postby Master-Guy » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 am

dawidosdp wrote:
Hessen wrote:Select a prisoners then press Alt+F4 to kill him.

Very funny only dumb people don't don't know that Alt+F4 is a shortcut to closing a program

Exactly the reason he suggested it, and also why you should use it..
People that are only here to annoy the community, should not bother coming here.

Return to “General”