How do you execute prisoners in sandbox mode?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Lifes wrote:I want to run a concentration camp!

Y U NO LET ME RUN A CONCENTRATION CAMP? :twisted:

Yeah. Not funny.
Burdy323
level0

Postby Burdy323 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Hessen wrote:
Lifes wrote:I want to run a concentration camp!

Y U NO LET ME RUN A CONCENTRATION CAMP? :twisted:

Yeah. Not funny.

Nah its okay. Just a opinion. To be quite honest I want to be able to run a concentration camp in this game lol. It would be fun and funny as hell :D
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Burdy323 wrote: To be quite honest I want to be able to run a concentration camp in this game lol. It would be fun and funny as hell :D

Repeating what Mathieu said on the previous page...

I ask a ban for this guy to teach him respect and limit...

Messages like this should not be tolerated here.
Saranis
level2
level2

Postby Saranis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

Eh, people should be allowed to voice their opinions, even if they are whacked out and never likely to happen.

I would like to be able to set my own parameters for execution (such as starting a riot, killing other inmates, all the way down to refusing to work in my sweatshop... I mean workshop) but I dont think that just picking a prisoner at random and killing them would be a good idea.
Skrylar
level0

Postby Skrylar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 am

It's a simulator. About prisons. Chris even makes effort to have the start of the game put you down with how dark of a theme it's supposed to be.

And you're complaining that someone mentioned concentration camps?

Honestly, the designer of the prison doesn't have a say in it. A concentration camp is a prison, plain and simple. It's not okay to go around trying to get people banned just because the people are in the prison for a reason you don't like--it's not up to the person who runs the prison who goes in it, and the game isn't meant to be happy-comical-fun-land.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

There are ways to have an intelligent debate about this. Putting "lol" and "concentration camp" in the same sentence is not one of them.

And for the record, the theme doesn't bother me in the slightest. However, the the manner in which the subject matter has been broached in this thread does.
phees
level1
level1

Postby phees » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:05 pm

The game's dark mood regards a harsh (and morally ambiguous) penalty for a serious act, not deliberately killing people one does not simply like for stupid reasons.

If anyone has to polish up on differentiating prisons and concentration camps, please read here:

What is a prison? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison

What is a concentration camp? -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_camp#Concentration_camp
Further infromation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extermination_camp

Quite often people think of movies like "the great escape" when talking of concentration camps. What you see there is a prison for prisoners of war. A concentration camp has nothing to do with that.

The game is called "Prison Architect" and I really do not want people around, who are drawn here by ideas of concentration camp. That topic is really not funny etc.
City Builder
level2
level2

Postby City Builder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 am

While you can't do it currently, I imagine the game (once they've added more features obviously) where if your prison has an execution chamber then you get sent prisoners for execution, no execution chamber then they don't send you those types of inmates. Maybe they'll have other bonuses for for having an exec chamber in your prison too.

The way that I'd like to see it in addition to the above would be that the warden can covertly put out execution orders to his guards to execute/assassinate/kill one of the prisoners (think Tropico 4 and giving the order to kill one of the people on your island), and then there would be an inquest because there was a death in your prison and it would all hook into the lawyer system as to whether or not the death was accidental or otherwise, and if you have too many non-accidental deaths within a certain amount of time then your prison is simply closed down, game over. Well, something along those lines is what I'd like to see anyway as the game is going to need much more interaction between the player and the game before they do the final gold release (IMO).
wabble234
level1
level1

Postby wabble234 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:42 pm

well i thought maybe you could do it because of the campaign but obviously not,perhaps just making the guy sit in the chair with a power switch next to him then getting him to run away will surfice :D
prisonwarden
level0

Postby prisonwarden » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:47 am

i actually agree life would be easier if 3rd degree criminals of continuce crime offenders would be executed like in a some what degree of a concentration camp or at least work and do something productive while in jail so where not wasting are money with b.s tax
wolf5698
level0

Postby wolf5698 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 pm

as long as you are not going to become the game version of hitler im ok with it :D
wolf5698
level0

Postby wolf5698 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:14 pm

as long as you are not going to become the game version of hitler im ok with it :D
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 am

While we problably are going to get moral choices such as treatment of prisoners I think there'll be a limit. I didn't support this game to send prisoners to gas chambers and burn their bodies to save space (though I must admit a furnace would be interesting not only as a heating tool but also if you ordered gaurds to kill a prisoner and you needed a way to dispose of the evidence) I supported it because we'd build something along the lines of an American prison and see if it does well. Also as I've said in another thread the closest you'll ever get to a concentration camp in WW2 is a POW camp. IV would be hammered by media and random human rights groups for touching a subject considered untouchable.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
prisonwarden
level0

Postby prisonwarden » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 am

ill have to disagree games help you get a way from life especially when i'm on a plane with my peers on a business trip its fun going from sales manager to a prison/concentration camp manager. just yesterday i got to of my peers to buy the game so far they love it 8)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 am

Honestly I couldn't care less seeing prisoners executed knowing it was because they commited a crime to deserve it, I want that knowledge that I'm doing it for a reason. I don't want a game where you can take a group and slaughter them simply because they're your prisoners. There's a limit, IV knows they walk the line on a touchy subject with prisons. And a game where the purpose would be to detain and kill civilians en mass would be stepping far past it. So to summarize it:

-Killing convicts: Socially acceptable relatively speaking

-Killing civilians because of ethnicity or other factors: Not socially acceptable
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.

Return to “General”