Prisoners ignoring the "staff only" doors

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

echofox
level0

Prisoners ignoring the "staff only" doors

Postby echofox » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 am

Quite recently my prisoners, decided it would be fun to go through two staff only doors, into the kitchen and grab a knife for themselves. So for the past hour my prisoners have been playing musical knives. I search one prisoner the guard drops the knife, but doesn't dispose of it and then a new prisoner picks up that knife. At the same time more prisoners keep running into the kitchen to grab knives. It's starting to drive me insane!! lol

alexanderpas
level1
level1

Postby alexanderpas » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 am

1. You might want to post in the alpha forums: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... um.php?f=2
  2. You might want to rotate the metal detectors so your prisoners pass trough them correctly.
  3. The prisoner might've had (contraband) keys, or the door was open.
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 am

if you read the wiki, that is the most effective, way of getting the metal detectors to work outside doors, otherwise they seem to not go off.
wfuller
level1
level1

Postby wfuller » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes, I've noticed the same! The simple alternative is to use a proper jail door (set to staff only of course!) as the 'breakwater' and then behind that you are free to use normal doors, considering the prisoner doesn't sneak through with a member of staff! This is also a nice way to do office blocks. Have the front door as a jail door locked to staff, and then nice friendly normal doors within the block :p.

Return to “General”