Full Screen

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Zeneca
level0

Full Screen

Postby Zeneca » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi all

I have just downloaded the game after playing it at the eurogamer expo. I just wondered if there is any way I can make it full screen.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 pm

should be full screen by default. Did you buy it or pirate it?
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 pm

It's a common issue, the pirating accusation is a little harsh, even if it may be true :p

The easiest way to fix this is to open the location of your preferences file, your debug log, and your save games.
The typical location of your preferences file will be:
On Windows 7 or Vista: c:\users\your-username\appdata\local\introversion\prison architect\
On windows XP: c:\documents and settings\your-username\local settings\application data\introversion\prison architect\
On Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Prison Architect (in Finder press Command + Shift + G and paste that in)

Setting a screen resolution
Edit the values for ScreenW, ScreenH and ScreenWindowed. Eg:
ScreenW 1280
ScreenH 1024
ScreenWindowed true
Note : You can set the width and height to 0 to make PA run fullscreen at your native resolution.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 am

Wasn't really meant as an accusation so I apologise if it seemed so. Just the fact he said 'downloaded' rather than 'bought'.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am

a__gun wrote:Wasn't really meant as an accusation so I apologise if it seemed so. Just the fact he said 'downloaded' rather than 'bought'.

Also posting in the general forum when it's been requested that all discussion relating to the technical side of PA is done in the dev forum.
Zeneca
level0

Postby Zeneca » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Thanks for your reply, I did have a quick look last night and the values where set to 0. When I set windowed mode to true the window was only about an inch by an inch on the screen and I could not change it. I will try typing in new res values tonight to see if this solves it.
I brought the alpha and downloaded it using the emailed link, so it was brought and downloaded ;-)
Apologies for this being in the wrong forum but many thanks for the this was the only page I could see under Prison Architect.
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Zeneca wrote:this was the only page I could see under Prison Architect.

If that is the case then you cannot possibly have a legally bought for copy of the alpha
Zeneca
level0

Postby Zeneca » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

a__gun wrote:

If that is the case then you cannot possibly have a legally bought for copy of the alpha

What!?!? I can assure you I have brought my copy! I recieved an email with my code and a link to download the game.
How does me buying the alpha change the forum layout?

Also if I had pirated the game (I would not have a clue how to even if I wanted to) would I post on here to ask about it?
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm

a__gun wrote:

Not at all - the DEVELOPER forum is only available once you've tied the game purchase to your forum account. This does not automatically happen once you buy it. You have to follow the steps in the PDF page (which admittedly OP did not do - so shame on him for using GENERAL)

Zeneca wrote:Also if I had pirated the game (I would not have a clue how to even if I wanted to) would I post on here to ask about it?

You'd be surprised. :lol:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.c ... um_pirates
Zeneca
level0

Postby Zeneca » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm

I did not know I had to link my account. I will do it when I get home even just to prove I did pay for this game. I went to eurogamer expo yesterday and the developer session, was really impressed with the game and went home and got the alpha straight away.
Quick question where do I put my activation code in to link the account?
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Zeneca wrote:Quick question where do I put my activation code in to link the account?

Go to the download link you received in the order email - download and read the basegame PDF file. It has step by step instructions. :D
Zeneca
level0

Postby Zeneca » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Illanair wrote:
Zeneca wrote:Quick question where do I put my activation code in to link the account?

Go to the download link you received in the order email - download and read the basegame PDF file. It has step by step instructions. :D

Thank you :D

Return to “General”