How to get onto the wiki.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Might you have special characters in your password? Make sure it's all alphanumeric and then try again.
Maroon
level1
level1

Postby Maroon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

If by AlphaNumeric you mean Capital letters, then yes.
And there are no special characters.
JimBadger
level0

Postby JimBadger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:46 pm

jelco wrote:Did you follow all of these steps?

Oranite wrote:Step 1: Register an account for the IV forums.
Step 2: Pay for a copy of the Alpha Build of Prison Architect(PA)
Step 3: After you have paid for PA, you should have received a confirmation email with an Alpha account License Key.
Step 4: Go to http://www.prison-architect.com/register
Step 5: Register your IV forum account with your Alpha account License Key.
Step 6: You will then be redirected to a page that indicates whether or not you have successfully registered.
Step 7: Once successfully registered you may now login to the wiki via http://www.prison-architect.com/wiki

It seems like you didn't follow steps 4-6. Once you've done that you can access the alpha forum (next to this General forum in the index). If you can't access that alpha forum, you won't be able to access the wiki.

Jelco

I'm struggling with this bit too. The wording for step 5 is perhaps a little ambiguous. Where do I register my IV forum account *with* my license key? If it's a case of clicking the link for step 4 and inputting JimBadger as the username, and my license key, that just keeps failing, with no error message, just repetition of the login dialogue box. (I've tried it in three different browsers, too, just in case).

I don't want to bother the very busy devs if there's some widely known issue concerning registration. I can always play the game while I wait! ;)
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:01 am

The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch
JimBadger
level0

Postby JimBadger » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:20 am

Ok, I'll do that then. Cheers.
tjdw123
level0

How i fixed it from not working correctly on wiki

Postby tjdw123 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Instead of getting the latest update first i had to download all the way from the when it came out to the update 5
:D
sporo14
level0

help

Postby sporo14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Ive followed all the steps but 5,6 are not working i really need help i bought the game made an account and im trying to register but for some reason it says the key is already in use or not valid. my dad thinks he got scamed please i need help. :(
ZorkianTroll
level0

Where do I get my key

Postby ZorkianTroll » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:15 pm

I paid for the game and it shown 3 downloads, the pdf and the alpha demo. The pdf had the key in the name but I thought it would be within the pdf itself so I didn't take note of it. Now I can't re open the page with the code on without paying for the game again. Any idea how to get back to my code?

Thanks
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am

I received 2 emails when I purchased Prison Architect. One contained the Key. The other contained a URL to download PA, the instruction .pdf and the Key.

You have deleted both emails???
ZorkianTroll
level0

Postby ZorkianTroll » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 am

No no, I never received either of those emails.

What happened was I paid by card and it accepted the payment and such then a screen popped up with the 3 download files. The pdf file had a code in the name but I thought the code would be inside the file anyway so I didn't note it down. I downloaded the PC version of PA and I can play it... but the pdf file says I need to register to the main wiki with my key that I was given or supposedly meant to have been emailed. I've checked my account and the payments been accepted. I'm just trying to figure out how I could get my code back without actually having to re purchase the game just to get another key to generate :S
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Postby frenchfrog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 am

Understood, check your junk mail and contact Introversion Support directly.
Shmitty85
level0

Re:

Postby Shmitty85 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 am

Oranite wrote:Here is how to gain access to the wiki.

Step 1: Register an account for the IV forums.
Step 2: Pay for a copy of the Alpha Build of Prison Architect(PA)
Step 3: After you have paid for PA, you should have received a confirmation email with an Alpha account License Key.
Step 4: Go to http://www.prison-architect.com/register
Step 5: Register your IV forum account with your Alpha account License Key.
Step 6: You will then be redirected to a page that indicates whether or not you have successfully registered.
Step 7: Once successfully registered you may now login to the wiki via http://www.prison-architect.com/wiki

Special Thanks to ZeroZShadow for helping me figure this out, this same information can be found on the included PDF with your download link to PA after your purchase.

Okay, so I'm having the same issue, but i did things kinda bass ackwards. I did step 2 first. i bought name in the game from steam, downloaded it and played it. (no problem with game) Wanted to learn all i could about it and saw the link for the wiki in the menu and clicked it. Found myself at step 7. Saw i needed to click link, which brought me to step 4, didn't have account, clicked button which sent me to do step 1. So now I've done 1,2, skipped 3 because of steam, and can't get past step 4. No clue what to do other than email IV, except i know they are super busy. ( I'm super Canadian for an American)
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: How to get onto the wiki.

Postby RGeezy911 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 am

Steam provided you with a key for the developer access of Prison Architect, use that to verify your forum account and you should have access to the wiki, dev sub-forum, and the mantis bug tracker.

Reference: http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... he-forums-
CommandeSR
level0

Postby CommandeSR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 pm

I am also having trouble logging in to the wiki site even thoug ive registered and can access the dev forum....

It wont accept my user name or email what to do??
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:07 am

CommandeSR,

Can you navigate through the wiki at all? Can you read any of the articles on there?

If not, can you login to the Mantis Bug Tracker?

Dev Wiki: http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/
Mantis: http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/

Return to “General”