Can IV let us down...?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Jordy...
level5
level5

Can IV let us down...?

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:49 pm

With an announcement any other then the release of the Alpha tomorrow?!

+ I don't see why they wouldn't announce a release date first
+ Why they would not simply state they will release Alpha on Wednesday

- They must now what everyone is thinking/expecting/hoping, to only give a release date or something similar would be a big disappointment for everyone, and why hype such an announcement so much?

Your thoughts?
Cuz fuck logic
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 pm

They said we must subscribe to their maillist. In this you can see "we will use this to inform when a new product came out". So my first thinking was "great alph coming".
But seeing Chris talking about encoding video today i think it is just a trailer with a date.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm

:/

Then again, they have said September at some point, if it ain't tomorrow, and assuming it will be a trailer, it would be a bit silly to have a release date 2 days later, so then it won't be in September.

It might also just be a promotional trailer? To show to people convincing them to buy Alpha?
Cuz fuck logic
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:34 pm

The team are at Eurogamer just after the announcement, and it would hit the deadline they've been talking about in nearly all their interviews. It might be a trailer, but my money's on the alpha pre-release starting. Also, gives them 2 days to iron out any (probably likely) major bugs in the sale/release before the weekend.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 am

The alpha won't be today.

Today is merely an announcement that you can get your face in the game.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 am

jelco wrote:You think an alpha takes two days? Seriously?

Jelco

Ah, lol, no! If you read again, I said "major bugs in the sale/release", which was referring to things like whatever ecommerce software they use not working or an instakill bug in the alpha like a missing .dll file.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 am

RabidZombie wrote:The alpha won't be today.

Today is merely an announcement that you can get your face in the game.

Nope it is not for sure, do you really think they are making such "noise" for such a silly thing ? We are talking about Iv who talk very a little and communicate when they remember they should, they are not Activision teasing for the DLC map of COD :lol:
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 am

I would be really disappointed if Alpha did not launch today, in fact, I'd make them pay for it!!!
Cuz fuck logic
Lord_thorr
level0

Postby Lord_thorr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

Making such noise for anything else than an alpha/beta release would have been quite a mistake. Especially for IV who never make big fuzz like that for nothing. I would be very disappointed if it was anything else and tbh as much as I like IV I'd just unsubscribe to IV's feeds for wasting my time. If every indie were doing such fuzz for simple videos or whatnot I'd spend whole days just reading about announcement of announcement. I do not want that.
Last edited by Lord_thorr on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zangdar86
level1
level1

Postby zangdar86 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 am

They never said they will release alpha today, so, i will not be disappointed if not. But really surprised if it is !

Return to “General”