General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

xander
level5
level5

Re: Multiple floors?

Postby xander » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:18 pm

laminutederire wrote:...censoring...

I don't think you know what that word means.

xande
explodinator22
level0

Postby explodinator22 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:46 pm

In the game bible it had a page about them adding multi story's and even more staff. but i think it would be very difficult to run a prison that way as you could only see 1 floor. and how do you get prisoners from different floors? i imagine staircases would be added but what about tunnelling? also you would need to implement this into escape mode. and then utilities would become a real big pain
StormPoet
level1
level1

Postby StormPoet » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Harle wrote:*SNIP*
Something else; I haven't seen windows playing a part in the game. I suppose it might be a little abstract, but sunlight can have an impact on a prisoner's psyche, and a 'room with a view' would combine a mixed bag of improving well-being while posing an additional risk for tampering/escape. Spending too much time out of sunlight might have negative impacts on prisoners' moods, and this could be counteracted with strategically placed windows, whether in the cells or across from them, or in eating areas, etcetera. (I just like placing windows, so sue me)

There are windows in the game and they do increase the overall rating of an individual cell.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:11 am

explodinator22 wrote:In the game bible it had a page about them adding multi story's and even more staff. but i think it would be very difficult to run a prison that way as you could only see 1 floor. and how do you get prisoners from different floors? i imagine staircases would be added but what about tunnelling? also you would need to implement this into escape mode. and then utilities would become a real big pain

The game bible is only the first draft the devs ever made of this game. Lots of ideas got scrapped, the multiple floor thing is one of them. They later said that they won't ever implement that.

StormPoet wrote:There are windows in the game and they do increase the overall rating of an individual cell.

Take a look at when the post you quoted was made ;) This thread got necroed several times :mrgreen:
StormPoet
level1
level1

Postby StormPoet » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:06 pm

LOL Yeah I see that now. I was half asleep when I looked at this I guess. meh... oh well! :P

Return to “General”