English translation :-)

Problems with other language translations

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Lone Wolf
level1
level1

English translation :-)

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:42 am

Sorry, didn't know where to post this, so let it be here.
Maybe you should check the English.txt file. That's what I've found:

Line #46

Code: Select all

help_officer_create_2_icons Click on a Darwinian to promote him to an Officer.  Or press C to terminate the Officer program.

[KEYICONSTASKMANAGERENDTASK] should be there instead of "C"?

Line #138
There are two strings with the same ID: task_manager_targetfirst. I think, the line #138 should be labeled "task_manager_targetfirst_icons".

Line #210

research_airstrike_v1_icons Oh my goodness, this is excellent.  You've found my AirStrike program!  Select Airstrike as your Squad weapon by clicking the icon in the Task , then throw the marker grenade to show the program where to bomb.

Clicking the icon not in the Task, but in the Task Manager

Line #659

launchpad_tutorial_68       You can have as many Officers as you need.  Now Use Officers to occupy the control panels around the base of each of the three Solar Panels.

There's no need of the capital letter in the word "Use"

Lines #670, 672
launchpad_reprogram_1, launchpad_reprogram_3

To align this Radar Dish, first wait until it has been reprogrammed, then deselect your current task by pressing SPACE.

In these two strings the SPACE is used instead of the [KEYDESELECT]

Line #689

launchpad_finalisland_8     The Red Darwinians will attack you as soon as you take the first Spawn Point from them, so be carefull.

Carefull? Is that right?
Sorry for my bad English :)

And one more thing. The "intro_7" string. It should be printed completely and disappear instantly. As I can see, its length is currently hardcoded, so it disappears after 41st char is printed. There's no problem with the German version, because there's only 40 chars there. But in my Russian version, I couldn't use less than 44 chars, so this line isn't printed completely. Maybe you could add runtime length detection to avoid problems with other languages, too? :)

BTW, all lines' numbers are for 1.3 version. I've checked v1.4; the strings are the same, but some of them are shifted down a bit.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Interesting...

Postby NeatNit » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, that's interesting, but are you sure that the [KEYWHATEVER]'s work? I mean I really have no idea (I want to make a hebrew translation but have no idea how) but if it does work, then change it for yourself, and hope someone important sees this thread. :D
I like using the defult key settings for almost every game so that doesn't bother me! :P

*edit*
sorry for bringing a 3 year old thread back to the top but... it was still on the front page... so I had no idea until I checked
xander
level5
level5

Re: Interesting...

Postby xander » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:30 pm

NeatNit wrote:Well, that's interesting, but are you sure that the [KEYWHATEVER]'s work? I mean I really have no idea (I want to make a hebrew translation but have no idea how) but if it does work, then change it for yourself, and hope someone important sees this thread. :D
I like using the defult key settings for almost every game so that doesn't bother me! :P

*edit*
sorry for bringing a 3 year old thread back to the top but... it was still on the front page... so I had no idea until I checked

As long as no one has posted after you, you can delete your posts. In the future, that might be better than editing in more stuff.

xander

Return to “Translation Issues”