LinkUp

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 pm

The only things to check would be if it works with 1.3 and check it for ILB.

Yeah uhhh why on earth are so many of your buildings dynamic? They really shouldn't be. Do all your scripts fire and objectives work?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
00Davo
level2
level2

Postby 00Davo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 pm

xander wrote:You are running the Windows version of Darwinia, right?

No. I'm using linux-1.4.0b9.

The GoldFish wrote:The only things to check would be if it works with 1.3 and check it for ILB.

Yeah uhhh why on earth are so many of your buildings dynamic? They really shouldn't be. Do all your scripts fire and objectives work?

What's ILB? I'm kinda new here... It's very important, isn't it? :(

Again, I'm not exactly sure what dynamic means... I've read through the guides on TNG, and they seemed to suggest that buildings should be dynamic. *re-reads the guides* It seems I'm getting Global and Dynamic confused a bit; that's why the Control Towers and things are dynamic, at least.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:39 pm

ILB means islinuxbust - it was an issue with using dynamic buildings, especially as objectives, without telling game.txt they existed. But it only effected linux and mac, and not win 1.3+.

If you've been using linux to develop and it's all working, then you're almost definately fine.

You only need to use dynamic for buildings that have data that needs to be saved with your mission, which in you case I think are just script triggers and incubators.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!

Return to “Mod Projects”