New Modding Features

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

User avatar
hitm4n
level3
level3
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:22 pm

Postby hitm4n » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Darwinia 2 :) With Multiplayer.

Multiwinia just didn't do it for me...
User avatar
00Davo
level2
level2
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Postby 00Davo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 pm

hitm4n wrote:Darwinia 2 :) With Multiplayer.

Multiwinia just didn't do it for me...

Agreed a million times. Darwinia co-op would be magical. Multiwinia's lack of Task Manager, discrete levels, and campaigns made it not a true, worthy successor to the Darwinian campaign.
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Necro-bump'd.

Just so you all know, these features that were never implemented now have some hope of seeing the light of day, as soon as I can fully understand Darwinia's code structure and learn how to create more custom content for it... if someone else doesn't beat me to it. XP
User avatar
Shwart!!
level5
level5
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:36 am

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:55 am

Heh, I'd be doing that myself if I could afford the codebase.
REQUEST LIST:
Can you make the teamlimit 8, or something greater? The 6 that Icepick had planned just don't cut it for me.
Also, can you implement rainbow-winians as a team color? Difficult as that sounds, it really shouldn't be. Try setting DG health to -1, and play around with it, see what you think.
Maybe an option for different DG sprites based on team, too.

More as I think of it. Hope I'm not taxing you horribly. :P

Shwart!!
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Shwart!! wrote:Can you make the teamlimit 8, or something greater? The 6 that Icepick had planned just don't cut it for me.


Will try. Medium priority.

Shwart!! wrote:Also, can you implement rainbow-winians as a team color? Difficult as that sounds, it really shouldn't be. Try setting DG health to -1, and play around with it, see what you think.


I think I can achieve this by having a team with no direct color influence upon them, maybe... Then I could just stick in a rainbow-colored DG. I'll see what I can come up with. It's rather low on the priority list.

Shwart!! wrote:Maybe an option for different DG sprites based on team, too.


This is actually one of my highest priorities along with making custom sprite changes, such as panic sprites and aggressive sprites. If I managed to get this then you could build your own sprites such as a D'= faced Darwinian and such. This, and adjustable team colors via scripts are my top two priorities at the moment.

Shwart!! wrote:More as I think of it. Hope I'm not taxing you horribly. :P


Heh, I did this yesterday for shits and giggles, so I have a feeling this won't be too terribly difficult. ;)

The only thing I can think of that'd be troublesome is getting it distributed to other people. I'll have to talk with John and Chris about distribution, but let me assure you... These moderation changes are alive and kicking! (albeit starting from scratch... grrr Icepick for abandoning us...)
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Shwart!! wrote:Maybe an option for different DG sprites based on team, too.


This is actually one of my highest priorities along with making custom sprite changes, such as panic sprites and aggressive sprites. If I managed to get this then you could build your own sprites such as a D'= faced Darwinian and such. This, and adjustable team colors via scripts are my top two priorities at the moment.


Are you planning on these being visible to all players or just the person with custom sprites? If I could use custom sprites that were visible to everyone I would just make my Multiwinians invisible :P
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm

We're talking Darwinia. However if I were to do this for Multiwinia, it'd be client-side only. Sorry, no cheating.

Right now it's client-side only as I've joined a game with my predatorwinians and they worked just fine.
User avatar
Shwart!!
level5
level5
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:36 am

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Shwart!! wrote:Also, can you implement rainbow-winians as a team color? Difficult as that sounds, it really shouldn't be. Try setting DG health to -1, and play around with it, see what you think.


I think I can achieve this by having a team with no direct color influence upon them, maybe... Then I could just stick in a rainbow-colored DG. I'll see what I can come up with. It's rather low on the priority list.


I know it can be acheived by setting the health parameter to -1. Try it with a decent sized battle, you'll see what I mean. My method has side effects, though, but I'm sure you could work around those.

EDIT: Also, for Multiwinia, you could have the DG sprites be transferred, but give the client a button to enable/disable each teams custom sprite, with a preview. Like how Dawn of War does their team colors. (if you've played DoW, of course, else this likeness means nothing.)

EDIT 2: If you need a beta tester, I would be happy to assist. I have a couple years of experience beta testing / breaking this engine, so I might be able to be of assistance...

Shwart!!
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 am

Good. See this thread.
Lord Blake
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 am
Location: Frost Fortress (Multiwinia)

???

Postby Lord Blake » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 am

:?: One quick question: where are the Team Color/Team Allance Status files located?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16861
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: ???

Postby xander » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:18 am

Lord Blake wrote::?: One quick question: where are the Team Color/Team Allance Status files located?

Please read the topic more carefully. The modding features discussed above are part of an internal build which was never published by IV. Things in this thread basically do not exist. If it were really important to you, you could buy the source CD, and program these features for yourself.

xander
Lord Blake
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 am
Location: Frost Fortress (Multiwinia)

Postby Lord Blake » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

:( Oh allright. thanks very much Xander.
RonanZer0
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Postby RonanZer0 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 am

Ok I'm confused. how do i actually GET/USE teams.txt? i really want it this seems like some kind of suggestion thread but its clearly real otherwise you can't do the unit coloring thing? so please clear up the confusion!
Want to learn HTML? Well, i know it but im not gonna tell you >:) Hehehe, I love making maps for darwinia.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16861
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:28 am

RonanZer0 wrote:Ok I'm confused. how do i actually GET/USE teams.txt? i really want it this seems like some kind of suggestion thread but its clearly real otherwise you can't do the unit coloring thing? so please clear up the confusion!

Read this topic carefully. If you are asking about a feature discussed in this topic, then the following applies:

xander wrote:Please read the topic more carefully. The modding features discussed above are part of an internal build which was never published by IV. Things in this thread basically do not exist. If it were really important to you, you could buy the source CD, and program these features for yourself.


xander
RonanZer0
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Postby RonanZer0 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:09 pm

-snip-
Want to learn HTML? Well, i know it but im not gonna tell you >:) Hehehe, I love making maps for darwinia.

Return to “Mod Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests