help me plz

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

cyborgste
level1
level1

help me plz

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:35 am

i need help with spawn things so i got all the links set up everything set how do you make the spirts go throu the lnks to spawn points im stuck plz help
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Start with Icepick's modding guide. Specifically, the section on buildings. If that doesn't help, please post here again. However, when you post here again, please do try to use proper capitalization and grammar. It will make it easier to read what you have written.

xander
cyborgste
level1
level1

plz

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:58 pm

i read it nothing about it what i need is some thing like in the biosphere the master spawn point to give out souls i dont know how you do that ive tryed everything scripts-dosnt work souls spawn pole splease somebody help me im in need to finish this lvl if some one helped me it would be great right about now please xander sorry im rubbish at spelling
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:02 pm

It is not just your spelling -- it is your grammar and lack of punctuation, as well. They are hindering your ability to communicate, as I honestly can't figure out what your problem is. You are trying to create a spawn system, as in Biosphere? What have you done? What is not working? You need to be more clear...

xander
cyborgste
level1
level1

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:36 pm

i the souls came from the reciver to the SpawnPointMaster how do you connect them if i do it it comes up with a error
plz help
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Icepick, at http://www.thenextgame.co.uk/modguide/index.php?p_id=11 , wrote:SpawnPointMaster
The Master Controler for the SpawnPoints. It divides up the souls and sends them along SpawnLinks to the SpawnPoints. You can connect SpawnPointMaster's to SpawnLinks or to SpawnPoints directly, [b]but nothing else can be linked to them, or you will crash the editor[b]. Note that it is not actually nessecery to connect a SpiritSpawner or anything else to a SpawnPointMaster, they spawn spirits themselves.
This building comes online once the population of the Red Team (team 1) on the level has dropped below a certain level.

Emphasis mine.

Read the guide that I linked you to. It explains what you are doing wrong. You cannot connect anything to a SpawnPointMaster except a SpawnLink or SpawnPoint. If you try to connect a ReceiverLink to a SpawnPointMaster (or to a SpawnLink or SpawnPoint), Darwinia will crash.

xander
cyborgste
level1
level1

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:07 pm

but then how does the master spawn point make the souls because on biosphere lvl the reciver links are connected to the master spawn point i wounder how but thanks for your help
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:24 pm

cyborgste wrote:but then how does the master spawn point make the souls because on biosphere lvl the reciver links are connected to the master spawn point i wounder how but thanks for your help

Look very carefully at the way in which the buildings are placed in Biosphere. Are the ReceiverLinks actually connected to the SpawnPointMaster? Nope. There is a ReceiverLink placed in exactly the same place as the SpawnPointMaster. The last visible ReceiverLink connects to that hidden ReceiverLink, not to the SpawnPointMaster. The SpawnPointMaster is then connected to the SpawnLinks and SpawnPoints.

xander
cyborgste
level1
level1

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:27 pm

ohhh i never saw that thanks for more help

Return to “Mod Projects”