Half-life 2 map I'm working on...

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Half-life 2 map I'm working on...

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:19 pm

Hey everyone... Sorry I haven't been on for a long time again...

I'm working on a half-life 2 map that involves darwinians... evil darwinians... and by far, I'm the only one that knows how to operate the Hammer editor, am I right?

Well, I'm making my own voice recordings a crap, along with some ideas from FacePunch Studios and Bluewater Studios... http://bluewaterstudio.s10.forumsplace.com/index.php

I'm pretty big there. I've been spending most of my time getting my gm_creep series up and rolling. For my latest map I'm working on, gm_creep3, I'm probably going to include some darwinians that are evil and stupid. Their going to chase the player around the whole entire map, since their under the command of the Buzzard (goto HAMMER/FACEPOSER EXPERTS forum in bluewater for more information). Any ideas guys?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Jebus! For a forum with less than 100 registered users and only 6,000 total posts, there certainly are a lot of sub-forums!

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:36 pm

Bluewater Studio Forums. For people that don't like their food (or posts) to touch.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Whaaat---??

...Well, all those who are using half-life 2 (and most preferrably, Garry's mod), you can play gm_creep, and gm_creep2 is being in the mode for detail-ifying, so that way it won't look as bland as gm_creep did. gm_creep3 is also a work in construction. Basically I've handed the gm_creep2 mapfile over to a friend at bluewater studio (blood love) to detail it up a bit... I've done all the huge special effects (my specialty! :D) and now I'm just working on a battle scenario for gm_creep3, and a missile bay area. :D
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:42 am

I've been using Hammer for some time now...cool stuff. I was working on a new map for Dystopia just as Darwinia came out. I must have every Half-Life2 file out there.

I'm re-building my Half-Life2 Dedicated Server (Lowell's Fun House - on the server list.) It will have an Intel 975 mobo ( can push 1000 FPS in server mode) with 4gigs of Duel Channel DDR2 Ram, Gigibit lan with an 8 meg Internet connection. I like Huge maps with Team Deathmatch. I should be buying the proc for it this next week and fire it all up...just got done with Mani for it.

I would like to see your map when you are finished.
SuVir
level2
level2

Postby SuVir » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:56 pm

errr....

why have you used the name and logo of this bluewater?

omg first darwinia forum post :lol:
cyborgste
level1
level1

Postby cyborgste » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:08 pm

he didnt its called bluewaterstuidos not just bluewater
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:34 pm

Precisely... Well, to all of you who have been pumped about Gmod, well... Gmod 10 is out, and WHOOP-DI-FUCKING-DO...

The latest update to it has broken the STOOLs (Scripted Tools)... and I just found at that VALVE had a fucking power outage!!! www.garrysmod.com.

Go there... You'll find that steam is completely down, so those who are using steam for Darwinia will be bitch-slapped until the creators have resurrected the uncanny and untrustworthy Steam... But whatever. And now I can't even make any fucking maps until it comes up!!!

OOOHHHHH SHIT!!!
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:23 pm

That's funny... I can still use the SDK and work on my maps...are you sure about that?
{...In panic runs online to check...}
I see no trouble.

Return to “Mod Projects”