Time?

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Testrie
level3
level3

Time?

Postby Testrie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi, I'm thinking about making my first mod, but i was wondering if there was a way to skip through time (The spam cubes take too long to spawn from the god dish for my cutscenes) without making a new mission file?

[and btw, this is my first post :D]

[and i did try searching - nothing useful came up]
xander
level5
level5

Re: Time?

Postby xander » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Testrie wrote:Hi, I'm thinking about making my first mod, but i was wondering if there was a way to skip through time (The spam cubes take too long to spawn from the god dish for my cutscenes) without making a new mission file?

[and btw, this is my first post :D]

[and i did try searching - nothing useful came up]

AFAIK, it is not possible to skip through time. You could create a level that had two GodDishes, very far apart. I would set it up something like this:

On one island, a working GodDish. It spawns spam. Watch it go.

On the second island, far enough away that you cannot see the first island, is a StaticShape, using the GodDish shapefile. It will look like a GodDish, but it won't spawn spam. You can use highlights to make it look like it is active, though it won't have that nice GodDish glow, and DGs won't worship it. Set up this island with the spam already in place.

Then, in your cutscene, show the first GodDish until the spam are being spawned, then do a CamCut to the second GodDish, where the spam should already be busy.

xander
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:51 pm

thanks.

This should be in a new post... but... is it possible to switch a building's online / offline status by a script?

Return to “Mod Projects”