Darwinite???

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Sounds like you have been busy. Congratulations on the hosting company. Are you in need of business? How much would you charge a small non-profit in Reno for half a gig of storage and some bandwidth? :)

Also: if you are hacking the Darwinia exe to make Darwinite, will it run under Mac OS X or Linux?

xander
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:45 pm

xander wrote:Sounds like you have been busy. Congratulations on the hosting company. Are you in need of business? How much would you charge a small non-profit in Reno for half a gig of storage and some bandwidth? :)

Also: if you are hacking the Darwinia exe to make Darwinite, will it run under Mac OS X or Linux?

xander

How much do I charge? Well, I got pissed at the standard hosting compaines ideas, and decided to do a very cell-phone-like thing instead: rollover, only, a bit different. Basically, you pay ONLY for what you use in bandwidth (HD space is set statically) and it's not some crappy 79p per GB. I can't remember the price off the top o' my head, but I'll get back to you when I'm home (11.33 hours, argh)

If I am hacking the EXE, I'm not even certain I can release it without IV's authority, but no, not linux or mac. Reason being that I'm just learning the assembly differences between them and PC (which I'm actually taking a class for this year). So maintain hope. I worry about the mac one, in every case, even if I cna do that one, mainly because of the Intel shipset. I know nothing on how programs are compatable with Intel and the G-series, even though I know decent assembly with the Intel architecture and a not-so-great-but-still-fucntionable on the G-series. My biggest probelm is that my Mac is dead and I haven't the money (yet) for a new one.

The changes so far are relitively mild in nature, so it shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully.

EDIT: I forgot I had a backend into the server at home, heh.

For 500 MB space: 82 cents (44p)
For 10 GB bandwidth (example): $2.72 (1.45 GBP)

It's basically ~30 cents per gig bandwidth, and teirs down per gig the more that you use.

Depending on the exchange rate, the GBP could be more or less.

Where do you live, anyway?

Return to “Mod Projects”