Powerstation? Objectives?

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Bubb
level1
level1

Powerstation? Objectives?

Postby Bubb » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:33 am

I'm currently making a map, and for it's objectives, you have to enable a laser fence. How I'm doing this is, I have a powerstation linked to the laser fence, and when darwinians start the powerstation the fence goes up. I set the objective to go true when the powerstation comes online, but that didn't work. So then I set it to the laser fence, but that doesn't work either. Any ideas? :?:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:40 am

I would suggest a safe area set to trigger on the presence of 4 darwinians...

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 am

You can think of buildings as having two variables: online status, and active status. All buildings start inactive and, unless otherwise stated in game.txt, offline. When a building becomes active, it starts doing whatever it is that it does (i.e. a Refinery starts moving the carts on mine tracks, SpawnPoints start producing DGs, &c.). When a building comes online, that status is reported in game.txt.

The PowerStation is not actually coming online, but becoming active. If you want an objective that fires when the fence rises, you might try placing a SafeArea around the PowerStation and making that your objective.

xander

EDIT: or you could do as NeoThermic stated, and put a SafeArea around your PowerStation.
Bubb
level1
level1

Postby Bubb » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:00 am

Ohh, okay thanks. Should be a new feature or something, to tell if something is active. Could make some interesting objectives 8) .
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:40 am

Bubb wrote:Ohh, okay thanks. Should be a new feature or something, to tell if something is active. Could make some interesting objectives 8) .

It has been suggested. The problem is that a building can go from active to inactive, which makes scripting objectives work differently. As things are now, when a building comes online, it stays online. When a building becomes active, it can switch back and forth several times.

xander
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:55 am

don't know if this is any help...we were talking about the start pylon and got carried away with testing the power station...See the link http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/viewtopic.php?t=3254

the funny thing is by the time we got to test three we found a way to make them work about 100%...there is also a test map zipped you can try. The good one is test three.

Lowell

Return to “Mod Projects”