My idea for a mod

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Dru Lee Parsec
level1
level1

My idea for a mod

Postby Dru Lee Parsec » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:14 pm

I wrote a backstory for a mod I'd like to start working on. I don't think I've posted this before so I'll post it here.

I hope you enjoy it.

Darwinian Winter.

It’s been a year since Dr. Sepulveda and a mysterious visitor saved Darwinia from a vicious viral attack. Darwinia has been running as the first digital theme park ever since. Then, things started going wrong. Dr. Sepulveda tells the story in his own words:

“The first thing we noticed was a general slowness to the software. This was strange because everything had been running fine for years. It was as if CPU cycles were being sucked up somewhere else. Then we noticed that after engineers gathered Darwinian souls the spawning generators weren’t releasing the same number regenerated souls that they collected. We couldn’t figure out where those lost souls were going.

“When I finally discovered what was going on my heart sank. Although we thought we had completely cleaned up the viral infection and had debugged the pattern buffer there was some residual virus code left in the system. This residual code started spawning red Darwinians.

“The green Darwinians forget their past lives during the time they spend in the soul repository and the pattern buffer. But the red Darwinians seem to have a glitch in their software that allows them to remember their past lives. We think of as the great war as the destruction of a viral infection. But the red Darwinians remember it as mass genocide of their people and their souls. In the religion of the red Darwinian race a virus is the next step in their evolution. To them, the destruction of the viral infection was the elimination of their most enlightened beings.

“The missing souls happen when red Darwinians try to save their people from the green world we’ve built. But it was the missing CPU cycles that really disturbed me. We discovered that the red Darwinian Race have been locking out random chunks of memory in the network and building their own world. They’ve been stealing souls from the spawning generators and populating their own nation.

“Normally I’d be happy that the Darwinians have developed so well on their own. But now I believe that this new race of Darwinians may destroy everything I’ve worked for. To explain why let me tell you how I discovered the new red Darwinian race.

“After you helped me cleaned up the viral infection I started working on new worlds. I was building a beautiful land of forest, rivers, and mountains. This new world, which I called “The Park”, was running in debug mode so I could edit this world more easily. I connected this new land to the existing Darwinian world but I forgot to switch it out of debug mode before I connected it. When I connected The Park to Darwinia the entire location vanished!

“It turns out that the red Darwinians had infiltrated The Park while it was in debug mode and were waiting for me to connect it to the rest of Darwinia. The moment I did they took complete control of The Park. They had swarms of viruses waiting to invade and they’re using The Park as their staging area to attack Darwinia. The Park is now the connection between the green Darwinian world and the red Darwinian world.

“You’d think it couldn’t get worse. But The Park was connected to The Temple, the green Darwinian’s most sacred location. Within minutes the red Darwinian race had control of the Temple’s main island. If they gain full control of the entire Temple I think we’ll lose control of all of Darwinia.

“I need your help again. I need you to once again take control of the Temple. Then enable the new gate to The Park and eliminate the viral infestation there. Once the trunk port to The Park is open continue through the gate into the red Darwinian world and wipe out the virus infestation once and for all.”
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Good premise. Looking forward to playing it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:09 am

sounds good, have fun guide gridding those beautiful landscapes. :D
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Mod Projects”