problems with saved progress

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mellowvision2
level1
level1

problems with saved progress

Postby mellowvision2 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:54 pm

so, I've gotten a few mods to work now, although I still have a lot of issues with profiles not working and getting black screen crashes switching profiles.

the biggest issue I am having though, is that the game won't save my progress in a mod. so for instance, I've played Stricken Souls up to the fourth level 5 times now, but everytime I close the app, it resets... well, not every single time, but almost every time.

I am running the OSX version. I would love some advice as to how to really stablize the whole mod situation, I'd like to clean install the game and make the profiles correctly.

I have looked around here but not found any real step by steps for doing it nice.
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:06 pm

for instance, I just tried to open darwinia after last playing last night. It loaded to user profile none, but with stricken souls as the mod. I had been playing under a different profile. So, I went to the profile screen, and selected that profile, and the game crashed. So I relaunched and it crashed.

if I reset the prefs manually, it does the same thing when I try to choose any profile, except for the profile that I began the game with originally.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:06 am

What error does it give you? Are you trying to use one profile for multiple mods? Because that won't work...

My suggestion for setting up any mod:
1) Quit Darwinia.
2) Edit preferences.txt to point to the mod you want to play, and to a new user (i.e. a profile name for which a folder does not currently exist -- Darwinia will create it for you).
3) Launch Darwinia.

That should help with some of the headaches.

xander
mellowvision2
level1
level1

Postby mellowvision2 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:38 am

yeah, I've tried that... and it works sometimes, but not all the time. the issue is more when I play half a mod, and want to play the rest of it the next day, and the program either wont load it, doesn't launch with the last profile/mod loaded correctly, or crashes when I try to switch profiles.

Return to “Mod Projects”