The_Particles_Within

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun May 28, 2006 4:03 pm

Lowell wrote:...The_Particles_Within_0.12 is out...

http://www.CrimsonSun.cc/The_Particles_Within_0.12.rar

Many changes and additions have been made. This version has been tested on game version 1.42.

Part Two of The_Particles_Within now begins. Special thanks to Toastmeister, Thefrogger, Major Cooke and many others, for testing and insight.

Lowell

Hey, no problem! whatever it was, I COULD NEVER GET TO LEPTONS THROUGH ALL THE CRASHES!!! (because it takes forever to get through those giant would-be levels anyway! ESPECIALLY after running through all the test 1-8 updates, oh my god...) but its good.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun May 28, 2006 5:11 pm

martin wrote:
Lowell wrote:It plays fine with 1.3 even though it will crash in 1.42.

I wouldn't worry then - every version of darwinia is up to higher than 1.42 isn't it?

What are you talking about? The current version of Darwinia is 1.42. He is saying that the maps crash the most recent version, but not older versions. Why shouldn't he worry?

xander
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sun May 28, 2006 5:19 pm

xander wrote:
martin wrote:

I wouldn't worry then - every version of darwinia is up to higher than 1.42 isn't it?

What are you talking about? The current version of Darwinia is 1.42. He is saying that the maps crash the most recent version, but not older versions. Why shouldn't he worry?

xander

Yes, I rebuilt the Hadron map, it now runs fine with the AI turned up just fine. Something went wacko when making last edits to the map, it started crashing. After the rework it runs fine now in 1.42
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sun May 28, 2006 5:29 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Hey, no problem! whatever it was, I COULD NEVER GET TO LEPTONS THROUGH ALL THE CRASHES!!! (because it takes forever to get through those giant would-be levels anyway! ESPECIALLY after running through all the test 1-8 updates, oh my god...) but its good.

In 1.42 I get windows sound crashes now and then. The AI Units have given me much trouble. The AI Unit on Lepton has been removed as with Angstrom. Hadron needs it and it runs fine now..."fingers crossed."

I can't help it...I like large landscapes and big game play.

EDIT//I was suprised...hadron gave me frame rates in the high twentys and thirtys. Gluons is the only map I am concerned with. All the souls from using the recievers makes it hard to set. The frame rate increased after I moved half way around the island, I was hoping for a higher rate at the start.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon May 29, 2006 2:59 am

Map Positrons with 1.42 just will not run correctly with the AI Unit on the board. I have removed the AI Unit in mission_positrons.txt that file is inside the Levels folder. Simply remove the line where the AI Unit is listed. I will post a new link with that change after I run through everything once more.
Other than a speech line out of place in Nucleus, everything is good except for the good 'ole AI Unit.
Lowell
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon May 29, 2006 1:54 pm

xander wrote:
martin wrote:

xander

ignore that post :P - while typing that I was under the strange idea that darwinia was at higher than 1.42 - sorry :(
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Mon May 29, 2006 11:57 pm

Update: http://www.crimsonsun.cc/The_Particles_Within_0.13.rar

I have found a few items that didn't get updated correctly. A few scripts for Gluons, Hadron, Electrons, Quarks. The team zero AI Unit has been removed on map Positrons. I also had to edit a few speech scripts.

Gluons has a team Zero AI Unit. The map needs that and has played a zillion times well in 1.42. I have had no troubles with using gun turrets or whatever.

Hadron has a team One AI Unit. The unit is a must. I have played it through twice in 1.42 and have done well. I would still make sure you save often as you progress through hadron.

Lowell
thefrogger
level2
level2

Postby thefrogger » Tue May 30, 2006 12:30 am

Lowell wrote:Hadron has a team One AI Unit. The unit is a must. I have played it through twice in 1.42 and have done well. I would still make sure you save often as you progress through hadron.

On any levels where I have experienced the AI crash, it always happens within the first few seconds. Are there conditions where you've seen it in the middle of a level, or are you just being 'cautious' with this warning.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 1:14 am

thefrogger wrote:
Lowell wrote:Hadron has a team One AI Unit. The unit is a must. I have played it through twice in 1.42 and have done well. I would still make sure you save often as you progress through hadron.

On any levels where I have experienced the AI crash, it always happens within the first few seconds. Are there conditions where you've seen it in the middle of a level, or are you just being 'cautious' with this warning.

When editing Hadron at the end, it started crashing after a few seconds into the level. I rebuilt it and it quit..."just being cautious" when the new (1.43 update) comes out I'm sure the AI trouble will be fixed. I have played it twice in 1.42 after the rebuild.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 9:11 am

The Strings Default file was missing on the first zip I made for 0.13 last night,
here is the strings_default.txt file http://www.crimsonsun.cc/strings_default.rar Place this text file named (strings_default.txt) inside the mod folder for The_Particles_Within_0.13

If you download from the 0.13 link the strings file is now inside...
http://www.crimsonsun.cc/The_Particles_Within_0.13.rar

So now either way the 0.13 file is covered. :roll:
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue May 30, 2006 4:50 pm

So fast, so fast... I like those kind of people... Oh, and um yeah, i discovered another bug lowell, on Leptons, when you get darwinians to the three god-dishes and the AI unit for the normal DGs kicks in, it crashes... thats when they got to the the goddishes, but they worked fine when they went to the solar panels. You should see if you can take it out.... and fast...
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 5:10 pm

Major Cooke wrote:So fast, so fast... I like those kind of people... Oh, and um yeah, i discovered another bug lowell, on Leptons, when you get darwinians to the three god-dishes and the AI unit for the normal DGs kicks in, it crashes... thats when they got to the the goddishes, but they worked fine when they went to the solar panels. You should see if you can take it out.... and fast...

Hmm I didn't have that happen. I thought the Team zero AI Unit was removed from Lepton. It isn't needed on Lepton, it may interfere with the Officers. Let me check that right away...

EDIT//There is no AI Un it on Lepton. There is a Script Trigger that kicks in when the darwinians walk up to the Dish area. As a matter fact the script trigger needs moved a tad and made to a size 800 rather than 400. Did the script kick-in and turn the Dishs on? Also are you with a New Profile? It may be dragging a part of an old mission or map file with an older profile.

I'm going to play it right now and see, last night it was fine.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue May 30, 2006 5:38 pm

You dont get it do you? I always play with no profile no matter what mod it is... thats a question you should never have to ask me anymore, and yes the middle dish activated, and something else was about to happen when bam it crashed.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 30, 2006 5:50 pm

Major Cooke wrote:You dont get it do you? I always play with no profile no matter what mod it is...

Why? That is really kind of useless. First, you can't save your progress. Second, when you complain of a bug, there is no way for the developer of the mod to backtrace the bug by looking through your profile, thus making it very, very difficult to find the bug in the first place. Third, playing with no profile can lead to other interesting bugs, as game.txt and the mission files are not rewritten on the fly in the way in which they are supposed to be. In summary, it is really kind of stupid to play with no profile, then expect people to be able to track down problems that you are having.

xander
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Tue May 30, 2006 7:06 pm

Major Cooke wrote:You dont get it do you? I always play with no profile no matter what mod it is... thats a question you should never have to ask me anymore, and yes the middle dish activated, and something else was about to happen when bam it crashed.

I am at that spot now. The script that plays looks okay, I'll know in a few. Like Xander said, you Have To use a New profile for mods. Sometimes in testing I will use Profile=None...but just to get a look. Funny things will happen if you don't let the game text write those mission files in your profile.

Are you editing the game text to where all the nulls are replaced with the mission file names? That won't play out the same either.

Lowell

Return to “Mod Projects”