The Big Mod (campaign 2) - parts 1,2 & 3 available

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Derekristow
level1
level1

Postby Derekristow » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:05 am

So, is the mod dead, or what? It looked pretty cool. The thread kind of died.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Well I'm still around, and I still have idea for where the mod can go next, however I keep underestimating how much of my time college work takes. I suppose when the summer holidays start I can get on with making it then, which I might - it all depends on how much moddability multiwinia has, I could make the next part of the mod for MW
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Derekristow
level1
level1

Postby Derekristow » Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Since Multiwinia is most likely a modification (albeit extensive) of the Darwinia base code, they would of had to specifically remove the mod function of the game. It doesn't seem like they would do that and disappoint so many people.

EDIT: I got Darwinia working again, I'm going to play through it. Your website made it sound pretty cool.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Fri May 02, 2008 4:51 pm

I can't say anything to confirm or deny anything about MW moddability, since I'm in the beta and signed the NDA... and quite like my kneecaps ;)

Anyway, it's nice to see people still playing TBM, and if you get stuck give us a shout and I can give you help - it would be a good excuse for me to replay TBM ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Derekristow
level1
level1

Postby Derekristow » Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 pm

It's really fun so far. I got to the dark level before I had to stop playing. It was 3am.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 am

If it was 3am that would explain why it's dark ;)

Actually, I'm interested what you think in that level (lock2, is it? I can't remember), a lot of people have said it's annoying, I personally really like it, once you get into the swing of operating in the dark it's not so hard really.
Derekristow
level1
level1

Postby Derekristow » Sun May 04, 2008 7:42 am

It is a lot easier if you look at it from the squad's eye level. If you do that then you can see the walls against the light of the sky.

Right now I'm stuck in Grand Central Junction. There are so many red Darwinians that my computer looks like its on the edge of crashing. I lost my objectives screen before I could even look at it, and somehow my unit selector drifted off screen. I watched it float away. It is pretty tough strategically.I snuck a few of my guys around using an armor, but once grenades got involved my computer got down to 1-2 frames a second.

Return to “Mod Projects”