The tournament Mod

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:21 pm

An Officer using Absorb gathers all nearby Darwinians, and 'absorbs' them - creating a shield around itself. For each Darwinian the Officer 'absorbs', you'll see a green soul circling it, and it can now take x amount of damage per DG absorbed in this manner. As the Officer takes damage, its DG soul shield will thin out and eventually dissipate proportionate to the amount of damage taken, and the number of DGs absorbed in the first place.
Lupin III
level1
level1

Postby Lupin III » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:41 pm

Whats the point though? Doesn't it just waste DGs?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:50 pm

Lupin III wrote:Whats the point though? Doesn't it just waste DGs?

Heh... You obviously haven't played Insurrection...

The DG shield not only prevents the officer from taking damage, but it deals damage to any unit that does "melee" damage -- spiders, virii, &c. Load up an officer with the absorb command, and he can take out a patch of virii, or a sould destroyer. It does not have a lot of use in the main campaign, but has been put to use by a couple of modders.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:55 pm

...Yeah, I left that part out. Kind of an important part, too. I really need to learn to proofread. Especially when I write something, then click 'Post' half an hour later. :oops:
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:48 pm

I'll be releasing an update to the tournament mod (otherwise known as "war" on the modlist) - it'll have some new levels.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Mod Projects”