Controller..

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 am

however, if you walk a load of controlled DGs into the centre of a group of enemies and then cancel the controller they will hang around and attack.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:16 am

True...
All I see is a redundant command, although it could be good for certain things. (e.g. a person who can beat a level with 1 squad and doesn't like using Officers / a follow command that doesn't bring everyone)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:25 am

Shwart!! wrote:True...
All I see is a redundant command, although it could be good for certain things. (e.g. a person who can beat a level with 1 squad and doesn't like using Officers / a follow command that doesn't bring everyone)

I believe someone integrated the controller into a mod by including team 1 (yellow, or player team) DGs. These DGs basically do not interact with their surroundings, but can be controlled. The goal was to get them to a SafeArea.

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:40 am

Indeed? :D This could be a crucial part of TAOW! Having allied troops that you cannot control, but you can influence to follow you... or a pacifistic team that you need to get to a SpawnPoint so they can boost their numbers!

I am currently seeing for myself if it works...

EDIT: On Windows, the yellow DGs are fully active! They are unaffected by Officers, but this is the only difference!

I put a group of yellow DGs on my cracked Biosphere by a SpawnPoint, and they manned it and started fighting the reds! The spawnpoint worked, too, so they were repleneshing their numbers!

EDIT 2: Man, do I feel dumb...

The yellow DGs, on my box, are exactly like greens. They follow my officers, they man my spawnpoints, they do everything the Greens do...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:17 am

Shwart!! wrote:Indeed? :D This could be a crucial part of TAOW! Having allied troops that you cannot control, but you can influence to follow you... or a pacifistic team that you need to get to a SpawnPoint so they can boost their numbers!

I am currently seeing for myself if it works...

EDIT: On Windows, the yellow DGs are fully active! They are unaffected by Officers, but this is the only difference!

I put a group of yellow DGs on my cracked Biosphere by a SpawnPoint, and they manned it and started fighting the reds! The spawnpoint worked, too, so they were repleneshing their numbers!

EDIT 2: Man, do I feel dumb...

The yellow DGs, on my box, are exactly like greens. They follow my officers, they man my spawnpoints, they do everything the Greens do...

Indeed. They do the same on my box. I haven't played much with DGs that are not red or green, so I don't really know what they do... Perhaps the reason that this worked was that yellow DGs cannot be promoted to officers, thus the challenge was to get them to move using squads, because officers could not be made.

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:24 am

Hmm... that makes sense.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:00 pm

xander wrote:
Shwart!! wrote:True...

I believe someone integrated the controller into a mod by including team 1 (yellow, or player team) DGs. These DGs basically do not interact with their surroundings, but can be controlled. The goal was to get them to a SafeArea.

xander

yeah, I think that was me. I've certainly experimented with it but can't remember if I ever released it.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Mod Projects”