Active devs?

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

qFox
level1
level1

Active devs?

Postby qFox » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:17 am

How active are the devs of Darwinia? I don't see them post around the forum for one... Do they read it?

How's that speech patch coming?

Is there any chance they'll shed some more light on how to place other units we as of yet can't place? Perhaps there are restrictions or requirements like the landers we don't know of yet.

Same thing on buildings (like laserfences).

Is there any chance they'll explain how to work the cutscene-editor without crashing Darwinia (the other panel with the camera options).

Any chance we could do a few requests for additions in the game for modders?

So basically... are you guys listening to us? :)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:36 am

When I talk with them (well, some of them) on IRC now and again I think they're quite active.

'Fixing' probably isn't their first priority at the moment, if you note the windows bug list.
spaceh
level1
level1

Postby spaceh » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:44 pm

They are most likely getting the Linux and Mac versions up to scratch. Personally, I'm going to wait for them to get the modding side of things up to scratch before I continue with my ideas, which gives me time to continue with my Doom3 single player mod :)
xander
level5
level5

Re: Active devs?

Postby xander » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:42 pm

qFox wrote:How active are the devs of Darwinia? I don't see them post around the forum for one... Do they read it?

They are quite active. They post a bit, and they definitely read the forums. If you really want to talk to one of them, try them on IRC (irc.uplinkcorp.net #darwinia). They hang out there too.

qFox wrote:How's that speech patch coming?

I don't know of any speech patch. Sorry.

qFox wrote:Is there any chance they'll shed some more light on how to place other units we as of yet can't place? Perhaps there are restrictions or requirements like the landers we don't know of yet.

Same thing on buildings (like laserfences).

Is there any chance they'll explain how to work the cutscene-editor without crashing Darwinia (the other panel with the camera options).

It is possible, though most of the information that you wil ever need is in Icepick's guide. He keeps it quite up to date. Here is a link. My impression of IV (and I could be wrong) is that they are perfectly willing to put out a game, and let the users figure out how all of the little bits and pieces work. If you want to make a mod, they give you the basic tools that you need, but rely upon your own intelligence to figure out the rest (or at least the intelligence of other people in the community).

qFox wrote:Any chance we could do a few requests for additions in the game for modders?

Feel free to make requests, but understand that nothing new is likely to be added in the near future. IV are still working to get the Mac version out, then I imagine that they are going to be working on patching up some problems (like the memory leak in some of the later levels). Even then, I am uncertain as to how likely other additions might be. You would have to be more specific, and may want to read this.

qFox wrote:So basically... are you guys listening to us? :)

xander

Return to “Mod Projects”