On landers

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

qFox
level1
level1

On landers

Postby qFox » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:48 pm

According to icepick's tutorial you can't place landers, however, you can.

I've already emailed this to him, but I figured it would be a nice way to say hi :)

In order to place a lander unit you need to have one group (1 entity will suffice) of virii, "in group" 1. This last part is important.

Landers can be team red or yellow, I don't think I got it running for green. They're a bunch of virii with an infinite respawnrate, and once a clutch (always a clutch) chases you, you can only really defy them by either having the stats.txt altered for your mod, or by luck. They dont die easy...
They have an infinite respawn at the location they are placed at.

Note, I wasn't able to place any centipedes on the map while having the lander on it. Multiple landers are allowed, but you need at least one virii group (in group 1) per lander entity.

Note 2, this unit uses quite some resources.

Note 3, if you can't succeed in placing the unit after this, try doing it on an empty map with just a virii group and one lander entity. Build up from there.

They function pretty well as blockers (place them in the water and engineers wont get past them... and live. They don't go rampant like the souldestroyers.
Tortanick
level3
level3

Postby Tortanick » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:54 pm

So their virii but if you shoot them they reapper where you placed them at the map beginning?
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:14 pm

The landers are actually meant to have a model, so I guess they still arent working properly as they dont show up in the game. You can ignore the other email I sent you by the way, I got it working now.

Edit: The virii will keep on spawning until it causes the game to slow down to the point that it can be unplayable. I'd still recomend against using these things.
qFox
level1
level1

Postby qFox » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:50 pm

Do they actually keep respawning when they dont get killed? Otherwise the slowdown is simply caused by the souls. I didn't notice a dramatical performance decrease over time, unless i was actually fighting them.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:48 am

Hmm, yeah, that may be it, who knows. Anyway, I'll add this new information, as well as the stuff about Officers to the guide tomorrow :)

Return to “Mod Projects”