Stricken Souls [1.3 finally done - man I'm lazy!]

Talk about your new mod or map here

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed May 04, 2005 11:09 pm

As covered in IRC, the issue was that the mod wasn't loaded at start up, and there was an incubator in the way.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Thu May 05, 2005 12:44 am

Hey, thanks for the new release. Gives me more fodder to waste time with after work this weekend. =)

Iris
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu May 05, 2005 4:13 am

I loved this mod - gives me an excuse to play it again!
Pilske
level0

Postby Pilske » Thu May 05, 2005 12:56 pm

I really like your mod, but I have a problem in the Valhalla-level. Every time I try to use the bottom rader (to get rockets), My squaddie moves to some weird place just outside the map. He then dies. And I don't feel like killing revelation wit grenades, I have a bad aim :p
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Thu May 05, 2005 1:50 pm

Your mod rules The GoldFish!!! Make a sequel!!!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu May 05, 2005 2:12 pm

OK, yeah, uh, that's a problem you get when you transmit to a dish that's got an outgoing signal on it - I guess really I should have remembered that and stopped the other one connecting. I'll change it for 0.9.9/1.0 or something maybe, but it's a game.txt problem, and it would only fix new profiles, which is a bit of a sod.

If you're still having the problem, order the Squadie in, and just keep giving him movement orders for where he should be ending up, that should stop him warping off into the ocean.

And Dr4goN, I intend to, but not until more modding power comes our way :P
Pilske
level0

Postby Pilske » Thu May 05, 2005 4:03 pm

that's not really the problem. I just can't get in the dish :(
For some reason, when I go to the entrance of the radar dish, the squad moves to space. Even if I don't try to enter the radar dish.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu May 05, 2005 9:16 pm

Yeah, I worked out the problem - you're using the wrong radar dish, the whole 'philosophy' is that you get stuck in the big arena. You should be using the dish you start off next to, though you may need to wait for it to align.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Pilske
level0

Postby Pilske » Fri May 06, 2005 8:53 am

Yeah I tought so, but the other dish won't align correctly. I waited 2 minuts for it, but it never did :(
So I cheated a bit, I moved the lower dish up a little bit so they could align correctly. And that worked! I even fell in the big arena like you wanted me to.
I finished the mod now, it was REALLY gooed! This is exactly what I expected of a Darwinia-mod, a sequel to the original storyline. Other mods might be fun to play, but they get boring after a while. Just like the original Darwinia, I'm going to finish your mod a couple of times in the future :wink:

Tnx for making such a great mod, The_Goldfish, you rock!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri May 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Hmmmm - I think I *really* worked out the problem this time :P

If your graphics settings are on anything lower than medium, the hill becomes too steep and the other dish falls too low down and becomes inaccessable (Blame Andy for this one *stabs*). Are you running low/upgrade graphics, because that's the only other thing I can think of.

The reason they're so close together is so that if you have to restart, it doesn't take much time, I'll look into moving that dish slightly and providing the same effect, but I'll also add another dish elsewhere in the level that is always accessable, so if you have to, you can point your dish at that one and still be ok.

Thanks for the feedback, btw :)

edit - I actually completely fixed this priblem (though I'm not even sure it's the problem youre having), so I won't be having the extra dish, it now connects on all graphics settings, sorry for the inconvinience! For anyone affected by this bug, you can place this (save target as) into your levels folder in the Stricken mod dir, it just moves the radar dishes around so they can always connect, otherwise, there seems to be no difference.
Pilske
level0

Postby Pilske » Fri May 06, 2005 6:56 pm

Idd I have the graphics on the lowest. I'm not running on a very fast computer. Tnx for continuously trying to help me. I can be annoying from time to time :p

I haven't tried your 'patch' yet, but I will. I'll tell you if it didn't work. Otherwise you won't hear from me again for this mod, promise :)
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri May 06, 2005 7:32 pm

Meh, if bugs like this are caused by me having a pimp computer, I don't mind too much \o/
roBurky
level1
level1

Postby roBurky » Sat May 07, 2005 12:30 pm

I downloaded this from the mention in the news item. I installed it, switched to the mod, reloaded darwinia, created a new profile, but it crashes when I click on the first level. Every time.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat May 07, 2005 12:39 pm

Did you download the patch at the same time too?

My advice is as follows;

1) Describe the error as specifically as you can (if the information is there to describe)
2) Check the normal game's levels as well

If you only just upgraded, and if it's a total doom crash (ie, Darwinia is copping out completely, rather than handling the error itself), and the normal game's levels crash as well, it could be because your graphics card doesn't like RenderLandscapeMode = 2, I'd suggest trying = 1 or = 0 (the latter if you want to experiment a bit with performance)

If it's not that, I certainly need more informaiton before I can help.
MicrOchiP
level1
level1

Postby MicrOchiP » Sat May 07, 2005 7:18 pm

just got to temple again after getting stuck on the Gladiator level...

i was like wtf on the second island of the temple with the triffid spitting spiders like a wild animal.....

but them i got to the last island were the God portal is, and i just have to say that you are a wild man :)
just out of curiosity what computer do you have ?

when my DG´s started kicking butt a triffid spawns this :shock:

good work with the mod

Return to “Mod Projects”