Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

emanuel.b
level0

Problem running demo on Fedora 12

Postby emanuel.b » Thu May 06, 2010 5:31 am

Just tried to run Darwinia on Fedora 12 but I got this error:

Code: Select all

"...  ./lib/darwinia.bin.x86: ./lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)  ..."

After receiving this error the first time, I installed GCC version 4.4.3. I tried running Darwinia again, but I still get the same error. Do I have to somehow install an older version of GCC in order for Darwinia to work?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: Problem running demo on Fedora 12

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu May 06, 2010 7:37 am

emanuel.b wrote:Do I have to somehow install an older version of GCC in order for Darwinia to work?
Almost correct. GCC itself is not needed, but the libraries. libstdc++.so.5, if I recall correctly (I don't have the Linux version, so I'm not too sure). Installing that was a bit tricky on fedora last time I checked: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ora_Core_4 (For a different game, ignore the bits about SDL, they come with Darwinia already). I never actively used Fedora, so I'm doubly incompetent here :)

What puzzles me massively is that the error doesn't come earlier, it should actually already complain that libstdc++.so.5 is missing, so maybe I'm completely wrong.
emanuel.b
level0

Solved!

Postby emanuel.b » Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Just after posting the first time, I decided to remove the libs that came with the game (just moved them to another folder), and it worked! Turns out the supplied libs interfered with the libs I already had installed. But thanks for the help anyway! Much Appreciated!

Return to “Linux Issues”