suggestions for sticky

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

bturnip
level0

suggestions for sticky

Postby bturnip » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:07 am

I recently fired up Darwinia after having set it aside for some time. Once I got it running, I was quite impressed with the new interface and the gesture system became optional! Woohoo! I sucked at drawing Rockets, so this is a positive change for me.

It took me a few tries to get it to work on my fresh new Fedora 7 system. Tips I would have liked to have seen in a sticky:
1) Installing the Nvidia drivers. (Of course, this is a little distro/hardware centric, but a helpful generic reminder for some of the more thickheaded of us would be great)
2) Installing the compatibility package (compat-libstdc++-33) as needed to resolve the libstdc++.so.5 issue
3) Hand in hand with item 2, removing/renaming libgcc_s.so.1 to get around that "version `GCC_4.2.0' not found" issue

I know these items are probably mentioned mulitple times in the forum, but collecting them in a single sticky would be great. The FAQ covers some of this, These other time savers could be added there, maybe. During my initial searching, I actually found the solution for items 2 and 3 from the uplink forum via Google.
Vadi
level0

Postby Vadi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 am

Hm, everything worked out of the box on my Ubuntu 7.10 install.

Return to “Linux Issues”