Graphic Glitches on ATI

Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Sketch
level0

Graphic Glitches on ATI

Postby Sketch » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:46 pm

Has anyone else experienced graphic glitches when running the Demo? Parts of the ground will flash in/out. I have an ATI card if that helps, but I haven't updated the drivers since Doom3 came out and ATI released a version that worked with Doom3.

It's not major, but it is a distraction and doesn't look as smooth as the windows version.
Sketch
level0

Postby Sketch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:40 am

I tried installing the latest drivers (8.10.19) and it seemed to fix the problem. Time to head over to the store and buy it now :)
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi Sketch,

On some graphics cards, you may get higher frame rate by adjusting a preference. Try editing ~/.darwinia/demo/preferences.txt (or ~/.darwinia/full/preferences.txt if you have the full game) and change the RenderLandscapeMode to 1 or 2. This should also alleviate the flickering problem on earlier ATI drivers.

Cheers

John
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:09 pm

Upgrading the drivers WILL fix it. I had this problem in the beta, and was about to report it as a bug, when I upgraded my drivers. Since then I've had no problems running either the beta or the full version on max details, so your ok now.

Return to “Linux Issues”