Problems with the Linux version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

ATI Linux Drivers 8.8.25

Postby John » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:25 pm

Hello

Please could somebody try the new ATI linux drivers from the offical site or unofficial debian package site and let me know if we are still experiencing the polygon flicker problem when RenderLandscapeUsingDisplayLists=0 in ~/.darwinia/*/preferences.txt

Thanks

John
lemonade
level1
level1

Re: ATI Linux Drivers 8.8.25

Postby lemonade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:56 pm

John wrote:Hello

Please could somebody try the new ATI linux drivers from the offical site or unofficial debian package site and let me know if we are still experiencing the polygon flicker problem when RenderLandscapeUsingDisplayLists=0 in ~/.darwinia/*/preferences.txt

I will test as soon I get those drivers working (damn ATI did it again). Everytime I run 3d-applications my Xorg reboots...
lemonade
level1
level1

Re: ATI Linux Drivers 8.8.25

Postby lemonade » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:26 am

lemonade wrote:
John wrote:Hello

I will test as soon I get those drivers working (damn ATI did it again). Everytime I run 3d-applications my Xorg reboots...

Ok. The error was with gentoo-ebuild.

So the results from new ati drivers with darwinia b5:

The game runs as it has ran before. It still requires RenderLandscapeUsingDisplayLists = 1 or there is way too many glitches in graphics, but when that is changed, the game is fully playable.

Return to “Linux Issues”