Universal Binary support

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

CyberSkull
level0

Universal Binary support

Postby CyberSkull » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 am

I just got the Humble Introversion Bundle, but as it turns out the versions of Darwinia et al from it are Intel only. I was wondering if it is at all possible to reinstate PowerPC into your build system for the next update so I can play Darwinia, Multiwinia, DEFCON and Uplink?
Last edited by CyberSkull on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Re: PowerPC support

Postby xander » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm

CyberSkull wrote:I just got the Humble Introversion Bundle, but as it turns out the versions of Darwinia et al from it are Intel only. I was wondering if it is at all possible to reinstate PowerPC into your build system for the next update so I can play Darwinia, Multiwinia, DEFCON and Uplink?

The PowerPC versions of Uplink, Darwinia, and Defcon are all published by Ambrosia Software. I don't know so much about Multiwinia, but it barely ever worked on PowerPC in the first place. In any event, you will need to contact Ambrosia.

xander
CyberSkull
level0

Postby CyberSkull » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I just tried the keys from the Humble Bundle on the Ambrosia distributed versions, they don't work. :(

If you are using Xcode 4, then here is a handy tip for restoring Universal Binaries to your build process. If you are still on Xcode 3, then all you need to do is change one variable in your build target:

Code: Select all

Architectures = 32/64-bit Universal

In raw terms it is:

Code: Select all

ARCHS = $(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_64_BIT)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:45 am

CyberSkull wrote:I just tried the keys from the Humble Bundle on the Ambrosia distributed versions, they don't work. :(

There is no reason to expect that they would. Again, you would need to buy the game(s) from ASW.

xander

Return to “Mac Issues”