unstable camera - F1/F2? - how to change mode?

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

wibble12345
level0

unstable camera - F1/F2? - how to change mode?

Postby wibble12345 » Tue May 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi,

I hear that it's possible to change the viewing mode for the camera. How do I do this? F1/F2 don't do anything on the mac if I have gestures turned on. And in icon mode F1/F2 control units.

Problem is when I try to get radar-dishes to line up the camera starts wobbling. Can't change mode in an attempt to staibilise it. Don't see any sign of a level editor either. did I download the right game?! (1.4.2 1.4.0.b9)

Thanks.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue May 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Actually, they took away the debug cam. It is no longer possible to change the camera mode. However, if you hit [ESC], the game will automatically enter debug mode. Hit [ESC] to bring up a menu. WASDQE will move the camera forward, backward, starfe left, strafe right, strafe up, strafe down (unless you have remapped the keys), and you can use a right-click to rotate the camera. If you are not using a multi-button mouse, however, you are kind of hosed. Sorry.

If you can, you should try to get your framerates up a bit. Try turning down all of the graphics settings.

xander
wibble12345
level0

Yay!

Postby wibble12345 » Tue May 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks that works!

I line up the dishes by clicking on the dish i want to move then hitting ESC immediately, before the wobble sets in. I can then move the camera down to the opposite dish. I then click on ESC again and immediately right-click on the second dish, and then on SPACE to deselect. This has the desired effect of starting the transmission beam, if the dishes are lined up properly. A bit fiddly, but it works eventually.

Great, thanks again ;)

Return to “Mac Issues”