armour on an ibook

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

x2mars
level1
level1

armour on an ibook

Postby x2mars » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:08 pm

i play on a g4 ibook, with 10.4 OS. I don't have a mouse so i can't right or left click, can someone give me instructions how to opperate the armour with out a mouse.

thanks
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Click-and-hold should work. To issue a goto command for an officer, click-and-hold on the landscape until a line appears. To issue an absorb or follow command, select the officer, then click-and-hold until the flag changes. Select an armour and click-and-hold on the landscape to issue a convert-to-battle cannon order, or click-and-hold on the armour to cycle between load, unload, and neutral orders. That should work. Just make sure that, in control settings, your number of mouse buttons is set to 1.

xander
x2mars
level1
level1

Postby x2mars » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 pm

i havn't had any problems with the officers, only the armour. I can't get the darwinians to unload and load effectively. I also have trouble moving armour without turning it into a canon.

by the way what is an "absorb" command??
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:28 pm

x2mars wrote:i havn't had any problems with the officers, only the armour. I can't get the darwinians to unload and load effectively. I also have trouble moving armour without turning it into a canon.

I'm sorry that doesn't help much. Part of the problem is probably the low framerates that you are getting. Darwinia seems to confuse click-and-hold with click at low framerates. If you have a cheap USB mouse that you can carry around, I would strongly recommend it -- I, for one, could not imagine playing Darwinia on my my PowerBook without the USB mouse.

x2mars wrote:by the way what is an "absorb" command??

When you research officers to level 4, they are given the absorb command. When you issue an absorb order, officers will round up any nearby DGs, and use them as a sheild. Each DG absorbed will protect the officer from one or two hits. As they take hits, the absorbed souls will break free, and float off. Units that use melee attacks will take damage if they try to attack an officer with absorbed DGs (i.e. spiders, soul destroyers, &c.).

xander
x2mars
level1
level1

Postby x2mars » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 am

thanks very much for the help, i managed to effectively use my armour to kill the ants. cool.

one more question. is it possible to stop a battle canon from firing? i've clicked on them but i only get a cross hair for aiming. i want to dissable a canon so i don't destroy my other stuff.

thanks for the tips.

ps.. whats a DG?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:29 pm

x2mars wrote:thanks very much for the help, i managed to effectively use my armour to kill the ants. cool.

No problem.

x2mars wrote:one more question. is it possible to stop a battle canon from firing? i've clicked on them but i only get a cross hair for aiming. i want to dissable a canon so i don't destroy my other stuff.

Sort of. You can either kill all of the DGs running the cannon, promote them to officers, or select the cannon and [CTRL]-[C] it to destroy it. Other than that, as long as there are enemies nearby, they will fire.

x2mars wrote:ps.. whats a DG?

Heh... DG stands for "Darwinia Guy." It is what the Darwinians were called in the beta before anyone knew what to call them. They arethe little green, flat dudes that make the cannons go.

xander

EDIT: Damn you, trickfred! :P
Last edited by xander on Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:34 pm

xander wrote:You can either kill all of the DGs running the cannan, promote them to officers, or select the cannan and [CTRL]-[C] it to destroy it.

Who wants a spell checker for their birthday?

Everyone who's not xander, take a step back.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:35 pm

trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:You can either kill all of the DGs running the cannan, promote them to officers, or select the cannan and [CTRL]-[C] it to destroy it.

Who wants a spell checker for their birthday?

Everyone who's not xander, take a step back.

I work at an elementary school called Rita Cannan. C-A-N-N-A-N. I cannot spell cannon any more. My fingers do not believe that it is correct :)

xander
x2mars
level1
level1

Postby x2mars » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:36 pm

"Part of the problem is probably the low framerates that you are getting. "

I'll say. I was trying to play the Biosphere level and it was barely playable,,,actually horrible. The camera started freaking out and spinning wildly. My frame rate was probably 1

Even though my ibook is brand new, I guess it can't cut it with this game.
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:26 pm

xander wrote:Heh... DG stands for "Darwinia Guy."

I always thought it stood for Darwinia Green.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:03 pm

Andcarne wrote:
xander wrote:Heh... DG stands for "Darwinia Guy."

I always thought it stood for Darwinia Green.

And DR for "Darwinian Red?" My understanding is that this usage began to occur later, after the DGs were officially named Darwinians.

xander
x2mars
level1
level1

Postby x2mars » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:36 pm

hey wutz up dudes?

Return to “Mac Issues”