Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Kirreip
level1
level1

Major Phase 2 - Beta 6 Issue [Spoiler]

Postby Kirreip » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:25 am

Hi, I already posted this in the Phase 2 beta related topic,
I don't know if it's specifically Mac related and i could find no other mention of this bug (which actually never happened with any bug Ì found ;))

It's pretty serious since I wasn't able to finish the "Containment" level.

The number of saved Darwinians goes down instead of up. I finished with 23 Darwinians when I had at least 150 in the containment zone.
I watched the objective panel (by pressing alt and scrolling to the right) and saw the number going down, without much logic: no Darwinians where getting in and I did not see any dying. There did not seem to be any link between the actual number of Darwinians contained and the number I saw on the objective screen.

Has anyone encountered the same bug?
I'll try to come with other informations.

I have screenshots with both the number and my Darwinians. I'll post them if useful.
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:26 pm

Screenshots would be helpful. Are you sure the Darwinian's are staying within the demarcated area around the tree?
Kirreip
level1
level1

Postby Kirreip » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:56 pm

Ok, so I checked since many people told me there was supposed to be a delimited zone around the tree materialized by a glowing circle, but there's absolutely no circle appearing around the tree.

I tried moving the Darwinians within the double shielded zone around the tree, and I saw the number of saved darwinians changing: more when they were next to the tree, less when they were getting far.
I tried moving the camera up, down, left, right, zooming, etc. and the circle never appeared.
I have a few screenshots but no server to post them to, to link them. Plus I don't really know if they'd be useful since there's nothing to be seen on them...

I had a new issue with this level. When I restarted the game today, I went to this level and it was empty. Totally empty, no darwinians, no virii, nothing. I thought I was in Myst ;)
I reseted the level and all was ok (except for this circle I never saw)
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:22 am

If you need screenshots hosted, you can email me at andcarne@mac.com. Also, I believe the circle has been gone since beta 4 or 5. Try putting the DG's right at the base of the tree, and keep them there with an officer. That should do the trick.
Kirreip
level1
level1

Postby Kirreip » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:36 am

Thanks for the screenshots hosting proposition, I'll e-mail you a few.

As for the containment level problem, I resolved it now, so it's alright. But I think it's pretty much unclear without the circle, that you have to bring the darwinians on the hill within the shielded zone.

Return to “Mac Issues”