Degredation of playability [p1b4][10.3.7]

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

mbarr
level1
level1

Degredation of playability [p1b4][10.3.7]

Postby mbarr » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:20 am

I just experianced a degredation of playability, with the Alt menu not switching to other tabs, both via WASD and mouse. Cursor would move, but no switch. Key press, and no switch.

It only became apparent when I had started production at the mines, and before a full crash of the program- about 5 min or so before, when I noticed.

The program crash occured when production had occured for a while, but I didn't get a chance to see if I had hit 50 polygons, yet. Screen froze, music continued. Function keys were none usable, keys were unresponsive, and mouse did nothing. Escape key was also not usable, so Force Quit did exit.

This, on iBook G4/800, 10.3.7, not running any other major programs, with game played for about 1hr prior to crash. I suspect victory conditions were achieved, but am unsure of how the game is supposed to respond this time, since this is the first time I've made it to this point. (3rd time i've played.)

Now on to playing with other features, more than researching darwinians 1 level, (v2) and using only squad, engineer, and officer.

Return to “Mac Issues”