How to delete your save games and other profile data

Problems with the Mac version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

How to delete your save games and other profile data

Postby John » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:27 am

If you would like to delete your save games (recommended when you get a new beta version), you can do so by deleting the subdirectories in ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/users
dilettante
level1
level1

Postby dilettante » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:35 pm

Why is it recommended to delete the save games? I just installed a new macosx beta version (1.2.2), but was using a saved game to play.

What kind of problems would this cause?

dt
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:01 pm

Only delete your save games if you are having major troubles, like crash bugs etc. This advice was from 2004, hopefully you won't need to do it for patches to the real game.
dilettante
level1
level1

Postby dilettante » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:14 pm

Well I am having frequent crashes, am working with Xander about Mac mouse issues. Do you think deleting old games and starting fresh with the beta version would help?

Here's the Darwinia black box info on the crashes:

=========================
DARWINIA BLACK BOX REPORT

VERSION : macosx-full-1.1.0
ERROR : 'Fatal Signal (10) Received
'

====== STACKTRACE =======

retAddress = 0x6dbc4
retAddress = 0x6dcc8
retAddress = 0x6da10
retAddress = 0x6d730
retAddress = 0x90025270
retAddress = 0x142384
retAddress = 0x8763c
retAddress = 0x0
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:31 am

What mouse issues are you having, and is there any pattern to where the crashes occur? What levels? What sort of things are you doing when it crashes?
dilettante
level1
level1

mouse issues

Postby dilettante » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:50 pm

Here is [the thread about gameplay issues

The beta patch helped with the constant crashes. Overall gameplay is much better.

But, if I try Xander's fix (to be able to place armor), that is to put ControlMouse=2 in the preferences.txt file, the program will reliably crash as soon as I try to use a right mouse button to fire a 2nd weapon.

It also crashed before the beta patch, and now after it, crashes about half the time when I zoom in on an incubator where there's lots going on, souls coming in, engineers floating around, DGs doing their thing, and try to do something with an officer.

I'm currently stuck on pattern buffer level, but I figured out how to place armor at least, using preferences that say I have a 1 button mouse (mine has 2), placing armor with either button, then squeezing both buttons to deploy the armor. This seems to work, and doesn't crash it.

Edit: Just tried it again, it still crashes in pattern buffer when I'm zoomed in on an incubator, lots going on, and try to place a program with a mouse This time, it was a squad. So I don't know if it's a mouse issue or what.

But the reason I posted in this thread was to find out if you think starting a new, post-beta profile will help with the crashes. I'm still using the profile I began pre-beta.

Return to “Mac Issues”