Anti-Aliasing?

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Inclement
level0

Anti-Aliasing?

Postby Inclement » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:23 am

So I've been kicking around the idea of replaying Darwinia--except with better graphics now that I have a better PC. Basically I just wanted to know if there was a way to enable FSAA for the game. Judging by what little info I managed to gleam for google and forum searches it seems like people have had success with getting AA to work in the game, but I haven't had any luck. I didn't see an option when looking through the in-game options, and I tried forcing it through nVidia's control panel (both program profile and globally) to no effect.

I was wondering if it might be these latest video cards or drivers not doing it. Anyone with an 8800 able to get AA working in the game?

Darwinia 1.5.11
XP Pro SP2 (DX9c Nov07)
Core2Duo E6750
8800GTS640 (169.21)
2GB DDR2
TB Santa Cruz

Thanks to anyone that can confirm FSAA does/did work on Darwinia and additional thanks to anyone who can confirm FSAA does/doesn't work on an 8800-series video card (preferably with the 169.21s).
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 am

I presume you're running at native resolution etc.? I've got it running perfectly, antialiased (8xS), on a 7900GT with the latest drivers (and by god does it look beautiful...). Be aware that reflections won't be antialiased, and of course the 'pixel effect' on all 3D units will be in place unless you choose to turn it off.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Inclement
level0

Postby Inclement » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 am

Nah, I'm running it on my stalwart 19" CRT!

I just tried rebooting and started it up again and now it seems to be working. Now I just need to figure out if my memory is failing me and whether or not I'm going insane or not. Oh well, at least now I can be insane (or not) in a pretty, anti-aliased virtual theme park. Huzzah!

Return to “Windows Issues”