Computer Crashing. Black screen but processor still working.

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

kei.art
level0

Computer Crashing. Black screen but processor still working.

Postby kei.art » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi, I've read most of these problems and solutions on this forum. But I think mine is quite different. I will try my best to describe the behavior.

About 3 weeks ago my computer started to make that creepy beep sound all of a sudden. It first happend when I was playing WarCraft. It just kept beeping. But when I press my Windows Start button and go back to my desktop that beepy sound stops and when I get back into my game it starts again. First, I thought it was some virus or worm because it has never happened before. I formatted my desktop and installed fresh Windows XP Professional. Then when I moved my Mouse Wheel up and down that Beep sound started again. So I thought it's because of that Little speaker under my processor got messed up, so I disconnected it from my Motherboard. After 4 days without hearing that Beep sound I was playing Counter-Strike and my desktop just crashed. LCD monitor shut down but my processor was kept running, every fan and cpu was working. But my screen will go to black and it said No Signal. Whenever that happened I would restart my computer and play again. But after in about 20 minutes the behavior would repeat again. I've bought my desktop about 4 months ago and it has never happened before. Neither this crash and beep sound.

First guess, I remember that just before that beep sound started I've bought my 5.1 Surround Speaker and configured so many stuff such as AC3 client and made many changes in my volume control. Is it because of that? (Related to that 3D Hardware config)

Second guess, Is it because of overheat? I havent opened my processor nor checked my VGA and CPU temperature. Also, how can I check it?

So please help me to solve this problem. I have Counter-Strike leagues in about 3 weeks. I need to fix it before that. Please help me, Thank you So Much!
frenchfrog
level5
level5

Re: Computer Crashing. Black screen but processor still work

Postby frenchfrog » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 pm

kei.art wrote:So please help me to solve this problem. I have Counter-Strike leagues in about 3 weeks. I need to fix it before that. Please help me, Thank you So Much!

This is a low traffic forum related to Darwinia an Introversion game.

Better ask in a CS forum? If you absolutely want to ask in this forum ask in Introversion Lounge?

kei.art wrote:Is it because of overheat? I havent opened my processor nor checked my VGA and CPU temperature. Also, how can I check it?

Check on your mainboard web site for a utility for going this.

I think SIW also have a sensors section.

As for your problem, I would say that overheat or mainboard problems are the most likely causes.
The Ultimate Uplink Guide (for any question on Uplink)
Latest Uplink Patch

Return to “Windows Issues”