Darwinia crash as I completed 'Temple' level.

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Alyssa
level1
level1

Darwinia crash as I completed 'Temple' level.

Postby Alyssa » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am

Hello
I had just completed the temple level (perhaps unconventionally - I went straight for the 'objectives' without wiping out much of the infestation). As the 'good work, you have completed the primary objectives' message appeared, as the second line of text mentioning something the infestation was drawing, everything suddenly froze and then I got a Windows crash dialog for darwinia.exe. At the time I was still clicking around on various things near a radar dish, I think I may have been trying to spawn a squad.

I am using the steam version, all updated on Windows XP SP2. NVIDIA GF4 ti4400 and a Intel P4 2.4GHz CPU. Latest NVIDIA drivers, latest DirectX. I can't seem to find a blackbox.txt on my system though. Darwinia (and indeed most other games) have never crashed in this fashion before, I'm pretty sure it isn't hardware or driver related.

From the Windows event log:
"Faulting application darwinia.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module darwinia.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00051ba5."

Sorry I don't have many more technical details to go on, but no crash log seem to be found.
sirvoks
level3
level3

Postby sirvoks » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Well it's possibly a bug in Darwinia.. I don't know.

Off topic: My spelling checker didn't like Darwinia and offered me to type Darwinian instead? ;P
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 pm

Strange. Not much I can do to help, though.

Shwart!!

Return to “Windows Issues”