Two quickfire questions/problems.

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Bobbeh
level0

Two quickfire questions/problems.

Postby Bobbeh » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:08 pm

Right. I done a brief search of the forums and I read the two stickied posts before giving up and deciding to post myself.

Firstly, is it possible to register a purchased, boxed copy of Darwinia to Steam?

Secondly, I have got as far as the Temple mission on the campaign and everytime I click to play that certain area, I experience a crash to desktop. Now as NeoThermic suggested in the common bugs post, I updated to the latest patch, I updated my drivers and I disabled realtime and hardware sound. I still experience this problem. Any ideas?

I was just going to reinstall the game and start again as I had so much fun playing through it the first time, but I would like to get the main campaign out of the way quickly so to get onto the numerous mods that I was previously unaware of.

Cheers, Bob.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Two quickfire questions/problems.

Postby xander » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Bobbeh wrote:Firstly, is it possible to register a purchased, boxed copy of Darwinia to Steam?

No.

Bobbeh wrote:Secondly, I have got as far as the Temple mission on the campaign and everytime I click to play that certain area, I experience a crash to desktop. Now as NeoThermic suggested in the common bugs post, I updated to the latest patch, I updated my drivers and I disabled realtime and hardware sound. I still experience this problem. Any ideas?

I assume that you are not getting a blackbox error of any sort, and that Windows is not generating any kind of error? Does it crash as soon as you click Temple? after you enter the level? after you start playing the level?

xander
Bobbeh
level0

Postby Bobbeh » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:30 pm

The crash occurs about 5-10 seconds after I've clicked to enter the Temple area, the screen remains blank and then it goes back to the desktop displaying no error message whatsoever.
PoisonedV
level1
level1

Postby PoisonedV » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:46 pm

OMG HAX!
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:53 pm

Bobbeh wrote:The crash occurs about 5-10 seconds after I've clicked to enter the Temple area, the screen remains blank and then it goes back to the desktop displaying no error message whatsoever.

Just for kicks, can you downgrade your Darwinia version to 1.3 and tell me if the crash occours? I've a feeling this is a known bug.

You can obtain the 1.3 binary here: http://www.neothermic.com/darwinia/versions/

NeoThermic
Bobbeh
level0

Postby Bobbeh » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:12 pm

I re-installed the game and re-patched it as 1.42. I'll downgrade to 1.3 and tell you if I encounter another problem.

Return to “Windows Issues”