Problem with patch - rolling back

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

kabads
level1
level1

Problem with patch - rolling back

Postby kabads » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:32 am

I tried to update my 1.0 install with the 1.42(?) patch last night and hit an issue with my Intel graphics drivers. I don't really want to update my graphics drivers (a long story) but I want to roll back Darwinia to 1.0, with my saved game.

What is the best strategy for doing this? Will just copying and pasting the User directory suffice?

TIA
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 am

Best strategy? Uninstall, then reinstall from your CD. Unless you backed up your Darwinia.exe before upgrading - then just restore your backup, and delete language.dat and patch.dat. Copy/pasting your Users folder will do fine.

However, Darwinia v1.0 may not recognize some lines from files in your saved profile - such as the RunningUnits section of mission files. RenderLandscapeMode is another feature you'll lose out on - though you don't appear to need it. Say goodbye to the Icon control system, and Squadies and Engineers saved when the level is saved.
kabads
level1
level1

Postby kabads » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:05 pm

trickfred wrote:Best strategy? Uninstall, then reinstall from your CD. Unless you backed up your Darwinia.exe before upgrading - then just restore your backup, and delete language.dat and patch.dat. Copy/pasting your Users folder will do fine.

However, Darwinia v1.0 may not recognize some lines from files in your saved profile - such as the RunningUnits section of mission files. RenderLandscapeMode is another feature you'll lose out on - though you don't appear to need it. Say goodbye to the Icon control system, and Squadies and Engineers saved when the level is saved.

I wish I could say goodbye to all these features, but I'm afraid I never met them in the first place.

Thanks for your response.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 pm

1.42 changed the rendering mode; all you need to do is change it back

Read me first before submitting a bug report has this to say:

[for intel graphics cards] you will need to set RenderLandscapeMode to 0

NeoThermic
kabads
level1
level1

Postby kabads » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:27 pm

NeoThermic - thanks - fixed it nicely. Now, I get to say hello to all those new lovely features.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:15 am

trickfred wrote:RenderLandscapeMode is another feature you'll lose out on - though you don't appear to need it.

Heh. There I go assuming people have read the stickied threads again. I suppose I should have known better.

Return to “Windows Issues”