Missing laserfence?

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

Saladan0
level0

Missing laserfence?

Postby Saladan0 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:16 am

Ive had many problems with running the demo. I have yet to actually play it.

I first tried playing I and before anything happened, a windows error popped up saying that the game has to crash. Hit ok, and im returned to my desktop. I went to the folder, and tried to launch it from there, but apperently I have to run it VIA steam.

I then went to the forums, and downloaded the patch, then moved it into the darwinia folder. but now, when I try and run the game from steam it says that im missing a "laser fence" object and the game crashes.

I only have a ge-force 5500 and a gig of ram, think anyone here can help me?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:43 am

First off, there's no patch for the demo - if you've patched the demo with a patch for the full game, that could explain the laserfence error.

Try deleting and redownloading the demo from the official site here, as opposed to through Steam, and see if you still have the same crashing problem.

Edit: I have succesfully d/led the demo from Steam, and it played fine outside of Steam, straight from its directory - apparently there's no Steam copy protection on the demo, so that doesn't seem to be the problem...
Saladan0
level0

Postby Saladan0 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:53 am

.... I thought that would work.

It didnt. It gave me the first error I ever got. the windows encountered a problem one, and the game closed.

I really want to try out this game. :(
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:53 pm

...I don't understand. What did you try that didn't work? Can you be more specific? And if it's a windows error message you're seeing, then check the thread here.

Return to “Windows Issues”