Weird Demo2 Issue

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

prophile
level5
level5

Weird Demo2 Issue

Postby prophile » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:27 pm

Okay, so I got hold of a Dell box and I was playing around with it, and I thought I'd try Demo2 on it.

So I started it up, and it crashed.

No big deal, I thought, just change the RenderLandscapeMode and see what happens. (I still think this should be fixed by the way).

I grabbed Notepad and opened up preferences.txt only to find that RenderLandscapeMode was not infact even there.

Now this is easy enough to fix, adding it solved the crash, but I'm still very confused as to why it wasn't actually there when I downloaded it...
xander
level5
level5

Re: Weird Demo2 Issue

Postby xander » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:44 pm

prophile wrote:Now this is easy enough to fix, adding it solved the crash, but I'm still very confused as to why it wasn't actually there when I downloaded it...

Perhaps, being a Mac person, I should not comment, but my understanding was that the line was not in there by default, and that if nothing was changed, it would default to 1 (without adding the line to preferences.txt). Thus, you are not changing the line when you need to fix it, but adding the line.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:01 am

Ayup. I believe that's how it works. I also have no line, since the deafult works fine for me.

Return to “Windows Issues”