Squad Radar Humping

Problems with the Windows version of Darwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, andy, John

WolfLord
level2
level2

Squad Radar Humping

Postby WolfLord » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:30 am

Playing with a laptop is a challenge, seeing as i have no scroll wheel, but I'm still managing to find quirks. When I activated the radar, my squad was stationed around it (they were trying to get to a point inside the object actually since i was having a hell of a time activating the dish) and when i was able to get it going and all that, when i sent the squad through, only the leader went in. The other three stood there humping the dish and making horrid noises. Trying to get the first guy back resulted in him getting stuck on a mountain (likely I could have navigated him off but I was angry with him) and I decided to terminate the program. However, only the first guy terminated, the other three stood there grinding away at the poor dish. The program wasn't active anymore, but they were still there. I'll see if I can reproduce it shortly, but I though I would report it before I forgot the details.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:47 am

Replicated.

No squad icon at the botton, though there's a squad of three on the game screen. One of them made it through the radar and was then terminated, the others remain.
Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:13 am

I've had a similar experience myself. I tried sending a bunch through, realised only the leader made it, tried to terminate the program, but the rest were still alive, a few seconds later they emerged from the radar and just sat at some random point on the map. EXPLOIT ALERT: These units basically cost nothing, but they still fire on the enemy, you cannot command them, granted, but they would make excellent senty.
- I see your destiny, I control your fate. I am the Guardian Soulkeeper. -
Epsilon
level1
level1

Postby Epsilon » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:36 am

Yep, noticed this "seperation of squad" bug as well.

Note: the focus triangles stay on the seperated squad leader. he is the only one who responds to left-click (move-to-location) commands.
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:08 am

Edit: Double post sorry :wink:
Last edited by Mad_Big_Sausage on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you see Kaye, why owe you?
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:12 am

I had a similar but different experience.

I had lined up a set of three radars (A--->B--->C) like so and sent a squad of six through dish (A) expecting them to all come out at (C). But not so.
Five stayed at (B) and one made it to (C). The one that made it stayed with the squad, the other five deserted.

This shows me commanding them all to fire lasers but only the one that made it to (C) is (hard to see so circled in red). The others just stood there.

So I terminated their program and the five deserters were still there. I regained control of them and sent them on to (C).

But when they arrived there they were in two further squads. Both squads (circled in blue) were in my task manager seperately.

When I tried to give one of the groups an order they all exploded. (No screenshot as I didn't expect that at all!)

I have been completely unable to recreate these series of events/bugs.

Edit: Change of pic host
Last edited by Mad_Big_Sausage on Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:40 am

I've had this, it's if they get stuck somewhere after teleporting. Fun though, my 'dead' squad managed to destroy a spider.
Valarauko
level1
level1

Postby Valarauko » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:22 am

I've had squads separate, but only when trying to move over or onto the mountain on the 2nd island. When this happens, I am only able to control the squad members that make it to where I sent them. Terminating the squad got rid of all of them, however.
turles
level0

Postby turles » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:50 am

Haha, I like this bug! *blasts more Virii*

Edit: Wow, major bump. Sorry. o-o

Two years ago and this bug still isn't fixed? :P
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:56 am

turles wrote:Haha, I like this bug! *blasts more Virii*

Edit: Wow, major bump. Sorry. o-o

Two years ago and this bug still isn't fixed? :P

Rule of thumb: if the bug is from 2004 or the first half of 2005, it has been fixed. There are only one or two exceptions.

NeoThermic
turles
level0

Postby turles » Mon May 01, 2006 7:32 pm

Well what I do is press F1 and then click really fast, usually brings two squads instead of one, then I just press C and keep doing it untill I have about 5 or 6 squads.. which is why I'm thinking I don't need to ever upgrade the task manager, do I? You can do it with Engineers too.

Return to “Windows Issues”