Question...

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Krion112
level2
level2

Question...

Postby Krion112 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 am

Just a quick question, will the community be seeing any updates to Darwinia or Multiwinia to make it similar to Darwinia +?
I mean like the heat effects in Multiwinia, the Control Tower signal to its building, the team color changes for Darwinia, etc?
Or has Darwinia and Multiwinia be around to long with mods and other independent things that depend on the physics now?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:48 am

There is a patch for Darwinia which introduces many (if not all) of the effects from Darwinia+. However, none of these effects are available in Multiwinia at this time.

xander
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 am

I've gotten it already, but it only contains less than a handful worth of the same effects. The only effects in Darwinia that are in Darwinia + too are:
The reflective water
Lensing effect on souls
Some heat waves, like on grenades, but not on any live entities

The unfortunate part is that these are only viewable when you have the pixel effect turned on, and I can't stand the pixel effect.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:37 pm

You asked whether or not these effects had been ported. I answered with a partial affirmative. I told you that it probably was not going to be all that you wanted, and that none of it had made it into Multiwinia. What more did you want from me?

xander

Return to “General”