Flying Squaddie Glitch

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

NeoNMD
level1
level1

Flying Squaddie Glitch

Postby NeoNMD » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 pm

I had a squad of 3 guys blowing up virii and I accidentally ran down a small hill to the waters edge and promptly grenaded myself.
This guy flew in the air, landed 1/2 way across the map unharmed even after the grenade and carried on to kill more virii.

Glitch fix?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:57 pm

It happens. I remember people reporting it quite a while ago, but I don't remember a way to make it happen consistently. It is hard to fix a bug when it cannot be made to happen with consistency, so there is currently no fix. As it doesn't happen that often, I wouldn't worry about it.

xander
NeoNMD
level1
level1

Postby NeoNMD » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:50 pm

I can make it happen all the time.
Put a squaddie at the bottom of a steep slope with the sea below and pepper the water right at the bottom with grenades, half the time they all die, some of the time one or two of them gets away and flies off.

One fun one is the last level in the real campaign, blow up a squaddie at the bottom of the steepest radar dish and it launches them above the spam e-mail and you can grenade it from the air above.
You usualy land in the sea at the oposite side of the island with loads of virii following you.

Return to “General”