Where are the files?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

fdkjnfgknd
level1
level1

Where are the files?

Postby fdkjnfgknd » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:40 pm

Where are the sound files stored? I can only find the game exe. I wanted to steal some sound effects (not music), is that not possible?

Peter
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:46 pm

The sound files are stored in a file called "sounds.dat." sounds.dat is a .rar file, which can be extracted using a program such as WinRAR.

xander
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:56 pm

what version of the game do you have?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
fdkjnfgknd
level1
level1

Postby fdkjnfgknd » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Newest i guess. Whatever is on sale atm.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:00 pm

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

Steam? Windows retail? Mac? Linux?

Where did you buy it?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
fdkjnfgknd
level1
level1

Postby fdkjnfgknd » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Here, windows. I got the files don't worry. Is anyone else getting this bug - sometimes when you click on a unit icon to select it, it says syntax error, press it a few more times and it makes a unit instead of selecting one. Driving me crazy.
fdkjnfgknd
level1
level1

Postby fdkjnfgknd » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 pm

And i hate it how amoured darwinias kill everything inline of fire whereas red darwinians only kill you. You can't place to turrets next to each other without them killing each other :evil: . Also, with the turrets, you can't shut them down (or can you?) The only way i can get them to stop shooting is to grenade them. And i think the creation of a turret method is silly too. Sometimes if i miss a click it makes a turret instead of marking it to collect darwinians, so that's 4 darwins lost. I think i generally hate the turrets.

I dislike how squads can only walk in straight lines. Many times i've told them to go somewhere and they've detoured into water and died or come to a wall and got stuck completely.

I don't know what that patched fix but i think it should've fixed those things. I suggest dr whatshisface reformats his PC and gets a decent antivirus :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:31 pm

fdkjnfgknd wrote:And i hate it how amoured darwinias kill everything inline of fire whereas red darwinians only kill you. You can't place to turrets next to each other without them killing each other :evil: . Also, with the turrets, you can't shut them down (or can you?) The only way i can get them to stop shooting is to grenade them. And i think the creation of a turret method is silly too. Sometimes if i miss a click it makes a turret instead of marking it to collect darwinians, so that's 4 darwins lost. I think i generally hate the turrets.

If you control a BattleCannon, you can select it to manually fire it, or destroy it. To fire, right-click; to destroy, [CTRL]+[C]. Also, I think that you will find, with time, that red DGs and green DGs behave in very much the same way. They use the same AI. My guess is that much of your problem is that you are putting BattleCannons too close to the front. They have range -- use it. If your BattleCannons are too near the front, they will (a) inflict a great deal of collateral damage and (b) probably get taken over by red DGs. Also, you should not put your own units right in front of BattleCannons if you want them to survive.

BattleCannons are extremely powerful, but DGs are not used to making war, and are not very good at using them. This behaviour is not likely to change.

fdkjnfgknd wrote:I dislike how squads can only walk in straight lines. Many times i've told them to go somewhere and they've detoured into water and died or come to a wall and got stuck completely.

Squads are dumb. They are meant to be dumb. You have to manage them, or lose them. Again, this is not likely to change.

xander

Return to “General”