Er... So where IS the Vista version?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:05 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
xander wrote:Sorry, NDA, hitm4n. I can neither confirm nor deny that there are new levels or eye candy. You will just have to wait until the Vista version is out.xander

NDA does not prevent us from saying things that are already publicly known:
Chris wrote:- Porting of the Darwinia graphics system from OpenGL to DirectX has enabled new and enhanced visual effects, for example, screen warping explosion effects, reflective water, and Darwinian soul 'auras'. We've really gone to town with pixel shader effects and the end result is the best looking version of Darwinia we've ever made.

- Support of the Xbox 360 controller. If you own a 360 controller just plug it into your PC's USB port and Darwinia will pick it up automatically.
- Support of the new Vista parental control system
- Three new Darwinia levels designed by Gary Chambers (Icepick) : Jailbreak, Stronghold and Doomsday
- Availability on both games explorer menu and Vista media centre
- Rich saved games option allowing you to launch Darwinia by double clicking the save game from windows explorer

Sigh... I should have put a smiley at the end of that post... No one gets dry humour anymore. :(

Also, while the Vista version is out, there is still no patch for non-Vista, and that would be covered by the NDA.

xander
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am

xander wrote:Also, while the Vista version is out, there is still no patch for non-Vista, and that would be covered by the NDA.

xander

...assuming IV told beta-testers about it, or if it wasn't "lawfully obtained by BETA TESTER from sources independent of Introversion Software".

What, I can't be a pendant too? ;)
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:01 pm

xander wrote:Sigh... I should have put a smiley at the end of that post... No one gets dry humour anymore. :(
Don't worry. No one gets it when I do it either.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 am

and heres where the forum set-up shows its ugly head again. when i visit the forum and click "view all newposts", thats what i expect to get. There are parts of this forum that never get shown to me. introversion lounge and news are 2 of them. So i never saw the announcement that there was even a blog. i understand that the forums were merged, but surely darwinia forums people should get the darwinia areas and the news/lounge areas and the defcon forum users get the defcon areas + lounge/news and the uplink users should get the uplink areas and lounge/news areas.

shouldn't they ?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 am

It really isn't that hard to click link 1 then link 2, but don't worry, the problem will most likely be sorted out with the release of phpBB v3.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:58 am

Montyphy wrote:
KingAl wrote:
Montyphy wrote:
Bas wrote:I'm dyslectic. I didn't read the news thread. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you are dyslexic, you are the first one I know who can't actually spell that word. Even so, that is no reason for not reading the news threads in order to find your answers.

Alas, dyslectic is in fact a synonym for dyslexic - but your point stands.

Oops, didn't see the t. :oops:

Welcome to the dyslectics club. :P
MarkFletcher
level0

Postby MarkFletcher » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:00 pm

xyzyxx wrote:
xander wrote:Sorry, NDA, hitm4n. I can neither confirm nor deny that there are new levels or eye candy. You will just have to wait until the Vista version is out.xander

NDA does not prevent us from saying things that are already publicly known:
Chris wrote:- Porting of the Darwinia graphics system from OpenGL to DirectX has enabled new and enhanced visual effects, for example, screen warping explosion effects, reflective water, and Darwinian soul 'auras'. We've really gone to town with pixel shader effects and the end result is the best looking version of Darwinia we've ever made.

- Support of the Xbox 360 controller. If you own a 360 controller just plug it into your PC's USB port and Darwinia will pick it up automatically.
- Support of the new Vista parental control system
- Three new Darwinia levels designed by Gary Chambers (Icepick) : Jailbreak, Stronghold and Doomsday
- Availability on both games explorer menu and Vista media centre
- Rich saved games option allowing you to launch Darwinia by double clicking the save game from windows explorer

Whoops! Ive just re-read the news posting. I guess the DX features are coming out on the Steam Distro after all... thanks!
amandioc2
level1
level1

Postby amandioc2 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:55 am

Has Introversion made available the new levels as a separate download? The Vista version won't install on XP.
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:13 am

<snip>
Last edited by daset on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:46 am

Have IV made the levels available as a separate download? I can't seem to install the Vista version on my Mac. Or my toaster.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:21 am

xander wrote:I can't seem to install the Vista version on my Mac. Or my toaster.

n00b
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
amandioc2
level1
level1

Postby amandioc2 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:00 am

I'm far from expert, but maybe the installer could have an option, when detecting Xp, to upgrade the maps and other files of the Xp darwinia version. I wonder if the new version is compatible with the existing mods.
Testrie
level3
level3

Postby Testrie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:50 am

amandioc2 wrote:I'm far from expert, but maybe the installer could have an option, when detecting Xp, to upgrade the maps and other files of the Xp darwinia version. I wonder if the new version is compatible with the existing mods.

erm... it is.

eyra

Return to “General”