level3
level3

Postby alphager » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:27 pm

aye
neurocrash
level0

Postby neurocrash » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:20 pm

Here is my idea for Darwinia Multiplayer:

1. Co-operative multiplayer. Give each player the ability to control a program for coordinated maneuvers. For example, a human behind each squad clearing out a territory, or two squads, and one engineer with (hopefully) more intelligent behaviour. This shouldn't require a major program re-design and it would be a lot of fun.
2. Offer a direct WASD mouselook control option. This would be best for players in control of squads going to clean out infected areas.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:38 am

1. Not a terribly bad idea, but isn't that already what Darwinia is? You controlling squads and shooting stuff?
2...huh?

And 3. Aye.
neurocrash
level0

Postby neurocrash » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Oy,

I mean if there is a multiplayer enhancement for Darwinia, that each coop player could take over and do one's business instead of me being angst at the ai not doin the job. I'd ratha be be yellin at me mate "go killem!"

!
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 pm

I think I would prefer versus games, where one each player fights as DGs and maybe an AI controls some virii at vital locations.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:37 am

I could make a demo map with my ideas.

I'm thinking the main area is like a doughnut, with the reds at one side and the greens at another, plenty of spawnpoints around. 2 fronts to fight on. At each end there is a radar dish. In the middle there is an AI-virus-controlled island with research cubes. The farther in you get, the better research you unlock, but the central things (like rocket v4 or armour v4) would be insanely well defended. You would get here via radar dish. Also accessable from the dishes at each end of the donut would be another island, containing a few more spawnpoints and a trunkport- for a 'last stand'.

You could either attempt to get good research and leave your DGs to fend for themselves, or storm your enemy with your DGs while they're getting research. A nice mix of tactics.

This would be a good standard map.

Return to “General”