Retail steam activation on STEAM?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Deusfaux
level0

Retail steam activation on STEAM?

Postby Deusfaux » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:05 pm

IS there any possible way to do this? Any other retail game I've picked up that was also on STEAM I was able to activate on there for added convenience.

Even it meant talking to some people at valve or cinemaware marquee or introversion to get it done... I'd rather not have to pay for the game all over again just to utilize the features of steam.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Retail steam activation on STEAM?

Postby xander » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:22 pm

Deusfaux wrote:IS there any possible way to do this? Any other retail game I've picked up that was also on STEAM I was able to activate on there for added convenience.

Even it meant talking to some people at valve or cinemaware marquee or introversion to get it done... I'd rather not have to pay for the game all over again just to utilize the features of steam.

There is no way to register the retail version of Darwinia to Steam. Sorry.

xander
Darksun
level5
level5

Re: Retail steam activation on STEAM?

Postby Darksun » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Deusfaux wrote:IS there any possible way to do this? Any other retail game I've picked up that was also on STEAM I was able to activate on there for added convenience.

As far as I know, the only retail games that can be added to Steam are ones made by Valve. It doesn't really make business sense for Valve to allow third party retail games to be added on (since they don't make any money off them. Plus, Darwinia has no unique identification (CD key, etc).

I'd rather not have to pay for the game all over again just to utilize the features of steam.

What features? The Steam version is identical, the only difference is automatic updates, but Darwinia updates are pretty rare anyway, so it's not too much of a hassle just to download them off this site
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:29 pm

The only other possible advantage is Steam Friends if/when Multiwinia comes along.

And to be honest, the reliability of Friends is low.

Return to “General”